About the role:
Solution Areas are what we want to be known for in the market; they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation journey. Within our Solution Areas, we have core Offerings, which are the solutions we deliver to our clients. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire business and compete in new areas, helping us to grow our market share.
As a Director, Region Offering Lead, you will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance and growth of the Microsoft Azure Platform Services and Cloud Managed Services Offering in the Mainland China. You’ll partner closely with both the Regional and the Area Solution Area Lead to implement a strategy for offering identification and investments. In the role, you’ll focus on driving the offering every day; serving as the “face” of the offering internally and externally in your Region, support offering sales through delivery, including capability and capacity, and regional relationships with offering alliance partners, Microsoft and Accenture. Our Cloud Platform Services and Cloud Managed Services provide a holistic set of capabilities for assessing, designing, building, securing and operating intelligent IT environments that take full advantage of the Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud platform.
In this role, you will manage full-spectrum, cross-offering solutions for clients. You will partner internally on resourcing and skill needs to maintain effective business operations and project outcomes, leveraging the Global Delivery Network (GDN) as needed, to prepare our organization for market changes.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Deal pursuit, review and approval
- Support quality and client delivery issues for offerings and solutions in your Region
- Manage budget against assigned Area/Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
- Effectively position offering and cross-offering offerings within the Regional sales channel
- Support direct selling teams from creating solutions through proposal and closing deals
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
- End-to-end responsibility for shaping large, complex Managed Services deals
- Engage with customer stakeholders and other knowledgeable resources to validate service requirements, explore solution options and identify service integration requirements
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with delivery center solution architects and contribute to the Avanade Managed Services Solution Architect community
- Effectively position Avanade’s Managed Services offerings, both internally and externally with our clients and partners, including evangelizing Avanade’s capabilities and value proposition
- Share client outcomes and market conditions with other stakeholders so that the global offering leads, and Managed Services community can evolve strategies and develop innovative solutions for the future
- Work location may vary - travel to customer locations will be required, including occasional travel to our global delivery centers as requested by the business and regional teams
Your Technical & Non-Technical Skills Include:
· Demonstrated track record in Managed Services selling, solutioning and deal shaping acumen. You bring energy to our clients and the various people you interact with daily
· Demonstrated overall consulting delivery and sales experience
· Detailed knowledge of Managed Services service and delivery models, including global and distributed delivery models
· Proficiency in Application and Cloud/Infrastructure Managed Services
· Solution planning and deal shaping expert - Able to create compelling value proposition and leverage available assets and capabilities to craft the solution
· Selling to senior customer leadership; leading negotiations or developing business terms and conditions
· Working in an environment with global delivery and in multiple geographies and industries
· Strong point of view on emerging trends in technology, Managed Services, Application Development – DevOps, Cloud Native Application, Microsoft Development platforms and Open-Source Software, Cloud platforms like Azure, Data Analytics, Containers and Intelligent Automation
· Structured and considered approach to written and oral communication. Able to communicate potentially complex solutions to less technical people
· Proven ability to work within a team and contributing to the success of the team while making a personal contribution
· Provides leadership when appropriate and capable of working effectively within a matrixed organization
· Define solution elements, even when all the required information is not available, and realizes & documents reasonable assumptions
· Knowledge of Microsoft Products, Services, and Platforms
· Knowledge of Multi cloud environment in China, Ali/Huawei/Tencent/Baidu, etc.
· Aware of China local market environment, practice, legal/regulation
· Good communication skill in Chinese, English, Cantonese preferred, in daily business conversation & written document
· Build up team for sales/solution/delivery in China for China
· Extensive interaction with C-level executives
· Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). You likely have about 15 years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management, and more than 5 years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy.