Director, Regional Solution Area Lead
About the role
Solution Area are what we want to be known for in the market, they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation journey. Within our Solution Area, we have core Offerings, which are the solutions we deliver to our clients. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire business and compete in new areas, helping us to grow our market share. In the Cloud and Data & AI Solution Area, using the power of Azure & Azure stack, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI, we help clients gain business insights to optimize their operations, drive innovation, and make more empowered decisions.
As Director, Regional Solution Area Lead, you will be responsible for the overall performance and growth of Cloud and Data & AI in your assigned geography. Your will develop the SA business strategy, oversee day-to-day operations, ensure quality and deliver against financial performance metrics. In concert with other SA specialists and local executives, you will ensure that Avanade delivers full-spectrum solutions and value for clients and grows this part of Avanade’s business.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support business development through all stages of deal pursuit
- Support investment decisions to help grow the offering and practice
- Manage effective delivery of work to clients, ensuring adherence to Avanade methodologies and ensuring client satisfaction
- Support SA personnel activities, including hiring, staffing, skills forecasting and career development
- Partner with regional executive(s) to determine priorities for staff positioning on client projects, business development activities and internal investments initiatives
- Travel as needed.
You are a well-rounded consulting services professional. You understand the industry, the client perspective, the technology, the financials, and the business. You are a great client communicator and mentor and leader to your team. You are a sale, project management and consulting pro rolled into one.
Your business leadership experience likely encompasses:
- Growing a technology services line of business in Cloud, Data & AI through strategy and sales contribution
- Establishing a presence in a target market and in the minds of key clients through client interactions and executive presence
- Business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities.
Specific consulting and delivery experience likely include:
- Delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting and project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large-scale, complex projects
- Guiding and directing leadership teams in developing, producing and promoting solution offerings
- Significant experience with offshore teams and delivery
- Deep technical expertise in domains relevant to your SA solution portfolio.
You likely have around 10 years of relevant technology business leadership experience in areas such as solution sales, creation, delivery and business management. You likely also have at least four years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly leading consultants.
You will likely have a Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology-related field, with an MBA or advanced technical degree preferred. If you are an internal candidate, you likely have one or more of these internal certifications: Simple Interactive Statistical Analysis (SISA) or Architecture of Open Source Applications (AOSA) or Scientific Interface Definition Language (SIDL). Other Microsoft and project management certifications (such as Project Management Professional, Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2), Project Management Institute) are considered valuable.