Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, developing automated business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at .
Expectations of the role
Are you interested in solving some of the largest and most complex client business problems with Azure? We are looking for people who are obsessed with creating value for our clients and doing exceptional work. As an Application Architect at Avanade, you will engage in solutioning and delivering our most strategic projects.
You will work with Client Account Teams and Sales/Offering Leads to provide solutions with differentiated value and secure wins in our accounts. You will lead Application Architecture or Development projects in Azure migrating, modernizing, and optimizing for our clients.
Our Sr. Application Architects build deep relationships with Accenture and Microsoft and evolve Avanade’s point of view on Application Architecture in Azure to establish thought leadership and prominence in the marketplace.
Lastly, you will develop strong relationships with key “architecture” leaders and influencers within our client’s organizations. You’ll work with these client influencers to help gain consensus and momentum to the client’s vision and garner support for your solutions and approaches.
· 3-5 years of knowledge architecting, and implementing complex solutions with business outcomes
· 5+ years of building sophisticated, world-class, highly reliable multi-tenant software systems that have stood the test of time.
· 1-2 years architecting solutions public/private cloud
· Strong communication skills to influence client stakeholders to articulate complex technology solutions, verbal (e.g.: presentations, seminars, etc.), and written (e.g.: reports, articles, etc.).
· Ability to lead cross functional teams (internal Avanade and client teams)
· Work with market facing teams to develop new offerings, accelerators, reference architectures and implementations.
· Experience developing and building solutions as an Engineer or Architect that drives business value
· Be the technical advisor for the client for their digital transformations
· Skills and experience in modern engineering agile development methods, SRE and software planning
· Effective at inspiring and motivating next generation technologists
· Keep an eye on the future by being aware of emerging technologies in the application development landscape as well as the latest tools and techniques to deliver at scale.
· From being highly proficient to being an expert in at least one OOPS language (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
· Fluency in the understanding of diverse data persistent systems like RDBMS, NoSQL systems, distributed cache, durable queues, etc.
· Very conversant with Micro-Service and event-driven architecture
· Expert debugging skills in prying through crash dumps, flipping through performance bottlenecks using various profiler tools
· Mentoring and helping fellow team mates/engineering communities with complex technical issues.
· Very comfortable in presenting technical ideas and authoring documents / white-papers.
· Deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups and find win/win solutions
· Able to obsess over customer success with great zeal and relentless pursuit in solving hard and challenging problems.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
Example experiences - we would love your story to have similar elements
· Ability to shape technical engagements including architectural design sessions and proof of concepts (PoC) through to full multi-year cloud transformation programs, especially when migrating from on-premises to cloud using Azure, GCP or AWS
· Experience working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Container and Hyper-V, etc)
· Execution experience of compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, GDPR
· Have worked in or solutioned in a Multi-loud environment
· Experience in a specific industry, Payments for Retail, Healthcare, manufacturing etc.
· Architectural design patterns, domain driven design and solutioning with business outcomes
· End to end vision and strategy
· Experiences doing SAST (Static Application Security Testing / Static Code Analysis), DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing / Runtime Application Analysis), or Pentest (Penetration testing)
· Designed and implemented application authentication using service principals, shared key management, and/or private key infrastructure
· Desire to work in the latest and greatest technologies like; decentralized block chain, digital twin, Azure PaaS, Predictive Machine Learning
· Experience with Linux and OSS solutions within the Microsoft ecosystem
· Experience evaluating a customers’ overall compute estate, IT and business priorities and success measures and designed implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft, Opensource, and 3rd party solutions)
· Created re-useable solution accelerators that define value at lower cost or less rework