Cyber Security Architect
Area of expertise:
Avanade security professionals design, build and protect systems, applications, data, assets and people for our organization and our clients. This involves researching, recommending and implementing solutions to enhance information security, as well as educating and communicating security requirements and procedures to clients.
The Security Architect is responsible for leading the development of information security architecture and ensuring technology initiatives are implemented within the framework to make our client’s cloud environments more secure. The Security Architect will be accountable for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures. This role is customer-facing and plays an active role in transforming our client’s Security through designing and implementing Security technologies on-premise and in the cloud.
- Work closely with enterprise architects to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud-based security offerings
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives
- Perform deep analysis and develop metrics that measure current risk and effectively evaluate and manage threats
- Identify appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats
- Communicate threat intelligence and vulnerability management options
- Analyze threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
- Meet with clients and lead workshops
Our ideal candidate will have a solid foundation across the Microsoft technology stack and Azure security offerings with the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to key partners. We are looking for the following experience:
- Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite (EM+S), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Azure Information Protection (AIP) and Intune
- Azure Key Vault, Azure Security Center, Azure Operations Management Service, Log Analytics
- Identity and Access Management principals, including B2B and B2C cloud design and implementation
- Architecture and security management
- Solid understanding of security best practices
- Securing network and enterprise cloud applications
- Privileged access management technologies
- Security frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53 or OWASP
- Building a security framework, SIRRP process and/or forensic handling methods
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections, PKI
- Market understanding of industry trends for cybersecurity, risk & threat intelligence, and governance
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft security technologies and strategy
- Program management skills and solution support for security transformation/implementation programs
- Business case development skills for justifying, prioritizing & forecasting the funding requirements for security programs and initiatives
Your preferred certifications may include: CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP, or other meaningful certifications!
To supplement the technical knowledge and project delivery experience, the successful candidate will come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to gather customer requirements and produce high quality written deliverables. As a consultant, you must be willing to travel to our client locations as needed.
You will likely have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.