Wealth & Asset Management Lead, Digital Advisory
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to change organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting experiences, strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients, their customers, and our own employees.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Our Industry Vision:
Aligned with Avanade’s Ambition 2025 strategy, Industry will be a critical focus where we bring relevance to business and technology solutions for the client. To enable this in our priority industries, we are developing an Industry network across all our capabilities.
Avanade UK&I’s dedicated Asset & Wealth Management Sector was formed in 2018. Following nearly 4 years of strong growth and exciting client transformations, we have grown the practice into a collaborative & innovative working environment, with over 12 leading Investment Management clients. As we shape our next phase of growth, we want to accelerate our focus on tailored industry assets & accelerators, recognising the unique value proposition the Microsoft ecosystem - and therefore Avanade as the #1 Microsoft consultancy globally – can bring to our both existing and prospective new Asset & Wealth Management clients.
The Wealth and Asset Management Industry Specialist Advisory role is essential in how we bring our industry-relevant advisory services and supporting network to life.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients working in partnership with Business Development, our Technology Solution Areas and Delivery colleagues to grow Avanade’s footprint by bringing industry relevance and insights to those clients. Thereby developing engagements across the full digital transformation landscape leading to chargeable work. This is very much a client facing hands-on role, from proposition through to delivery.
As someone who has circa 10 years’ experience within Asset Management, Wealth Management or Private Equity, you are considered an expert and advocate by your peers and colleagues, and alongside this you are passionate about digital. It’s role across business, and the potential it can have when married to your industry knowledge and experience to drive opportunities that others might miss. Building on your industry expertise, you use your interpersonal skills to become the trusted adviser with clients and drive projects to successful conclusions while working with business development & sales individuals to grow our pipeline.
About the Job
You will have a wealth of knowledge within either Asset Management, Wealth Management or Private Equity, and married with consulting skills, strategy development and execution you’ll be opening our client’s & colleagues’ eyes to the opportunities where digital and industry meet. You’re an authority within your space, assessing needs, no matter how they’re expressed, and inspiring people with the assistance of your Advisory peers to enable growth of the opportunity driving true innovation within the space.
In the role, you will:
Business Development and Delivery:
- Lead and support the delivery of Advisory engagements growing trust as well as enduring relationships with clients
- Drive clients’ outcomes and develop success stories on the back of engagements.
- Deliver inside strategic customers to become a customer advisor
- Build winning digital propositions for targeted clients that demonstrate relevance, insights and expertise in the industry.
- Engage with regional operations teams, capability leads to ensure the right Industry resources are engaged in opportunities.
Network and Team Development:
- Support the FS Area Lead in the delivery of strategy in core regional accounts, and feedback on areas for investment
- Partner with the Wealth and Asset Management Practise Lead within region
- Partner with network and talent communities to maintain and identify capabilities needed for Industry led solutions.
- Support the development of talent and skills through Network through but not limited to mentoring, awareness training.
- Collaborate with the Network team to develop and refine the Industry Offerings through insights as well as drawing on successful client engagements.
You've got demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy directly and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor to a client within Asset and Wealth management linking business outcomes to technology capability. You have experience in sales; pre-sales or consulting within the market sector and have a good grasp of modern technology architecture and its ability to deliver change. You have an exceptional understanding of different strategies and models, mixed with strong business acumen and a proven track-record of building and growing innovative high-performing teams.
Covering specifics including
- Ability to articulate key Asset & Wealth Management industry challenges/trends, and what best practise Technology & Ops from an agnostic point of view looks like.
- Understanding of typical Enterprise Architectures across Fund Management firms. With a point of view on the typical industry platforms, and how they can be best delivered.
- Ability to “own” the Advisory delivery when focused on initial Technical or Digital CMO/FMO.
- Ability to own offering creation, supporting our existing assets in place and optimising these. Delivering Avanade solution offerings tailored to Wealth & Asset Mngt clients, leading with Advisory to open the door.
- Ability to articulate how funds work, created & managed – how is capital raised, allocated into different fund types based on asset classes/risk profile, and how this is administered & monitored.
- Understanding of how each level of Fund Management comes together. Asset level, Fund level, and Portfolio level.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.