VelocITy Security Graduate Programme, Ireland
Area of expertise:
VelocITy Security Graduate Programme
Start date: 12th July 2021
Avanade was born as a joint venture company between Microsoft and Accenture in 2000 - the middle of the dot.com boom. Many companies started with high hopes and fizzled, but we’re still here a globally renowned technology consultancy and word-class specialist the Microsoft ecosystem.
Avanade’s Security team want passionate graduates to join them now!
We are looking for ambitious graduates to join an accelerated training programme and to bring their technical passion and skills into our Graduate VelocITy Security Programme this July 2021.
As part of this programme, graduates can expect 3 months of intensive training run in partnership with the well-established training provider QA. The skills and development for this bespoke Avanade training course will set you up for a fantastic long term graduate career with us and help you develop into a fast-track Security consultancy career.
This programme has been fully adapted and enhanced since Covid-19 to enable virtual training and engagement until face-to-face engagement is possible again. We hope to be back in the office as soon as guidelines allow.
The VelocITy Security Training Program
· Technical training: Avanade have partnered with QA to provide a bespoke training programme. You will have 3 months of training with assigned QA course leaders whilst also getting lots of time to check in with your Avanade Career Advisors, business and Subject Matter Experts- these people will help give you the Avanade spin on all of your learning so each day helps you develop towards your career goals.
· An additional Soft Skills and Remote Workplace Training roadmap will help develop consultancy skills ensuring you can confidently deliver advice to customers.
· Performance Management: during core training months, your performance will be reviewed through group work and hackathons. You can also expect to complete 2 Microsoft Security certifications.[A1] You will have an assigned Career Advisor and Buddy through the program but also throughout your career at Avanade.
· The Avanade Foundation Group: As a graduate on this program, you will be part of a wider early talent program sitting alongside other recently on-boarded graduate programs in our Avanade Foundation Group (AFG). The AFG directly supports young people across the company ensuring high quality and sustained training, mentoring, support and social engagement. The AFG is a springboard for networking and engagement as you start out at Avanade, integrating you closely with others across the entire business.
· Progressing in your career: once completing a year in the VelocITy program, your assigned Career Advisor will be on hand to help you decide where you want to go next with your career at Avanade. You will move onto live project environments in Security roles – this will enable you to use your learning as a fully-fledged consultant!
Please see bottom section of this page for more information on the Security Team and associated roles and projects you will be working on.
Salary and Package :EUR 35,000 base pay plus extensive benefits, which includes a sign-on bonus, yearly employee benefits allowance, and discretionary company bonus.
· 3 month bespoke QA technical training programme
· BUPA private healthcare
· Accenture Employee Share Scheme
· Pension scheme contributions
· An extended-benefits allowance
· Discretionary performance-related bonus
· 80+ hours of technical training and development courses per consultant per year.
· 8 hours volunteering time (uncapped during Covid-19)
You work hard, so we work hard. We are dedicated to providing you with what you need to do and be your best. Flexible work arrangements are becoming more common so people can do good work while having a good life. You’ll get plenty of support as you learn and grow in a new career, with training to enhance your technology knowledge and certifications, as well as skills you need to grow as a professional, consultant or (if you want be), a leader.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree: Any enabling demonstration and development of applicable role skills. Examples including but not limited to: Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· 2:1 classification or above.
· Evidence of interests and passion in technology
· Readiness to engage with a 3-month training course.
· Ability to adapt and apply existing skills to new learning and technologies
· An analytical mind
· Strong teamwork skills
· Willingness to develop excellent communications skills (your role may develop into client facing positions, so a positive attitude to great communication is important)
· Strong problem-solving skill
· Flexibility to work on different projects and locations
· This is a technical role willingness to develop skills in the following is necessary: Microsoft technologies: Azure / DevOps/ Cloud Technologies
The Application Process April – July 2021
- Role Registration: April
- Phone screening call with Early Talent Recruitment Team: April - June
- Invite to interview: Rolling
- Application closes: 27th May 2021
- Assessment Centre: 1st June OR 2nd June
· Group Exercise / Interview / Case Study: Beginning February
- Follow up and feedback by: 11th June 2021
- Avanade VelocITy On-boarding: 12th July 2021
Note interview process, on-boarding and start to your role will be remote.
*Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role*
Why Avanade :
Our enthusiasm for each other and our work has and continues to take us pretty far. Avanade has 32,000 Microsoft certifications and we’ve been named Microsoft Alliance SI Partner of the Year 15 times. Greater than our credentials is our impact. We’re working with an energy company to repopulate coral reefs, and we developed an AI chatbot to provide instant answers to tax questions for a leading engineering company. And, in the early days of COVID, a couple of employees took it upon themselves to create an app that helped track ventilators across stretched healthcare systems.
Avanade is made up of nearly 40,000 individuals. People who share a passion for technology, who push beyond their comfort zone and always bring an open mind and who really care about making a genuine human impact at work. We invite these people to bring their authentic, whole selves into a place that welcomes curiosity as a spark to innovation. We put them together to solve some complex challenges and bring to life possibilities for our clients around the world—companies, non-profits, and government agencies that know the future is digital and look to us to help them get there with the power of people and Microsoft technology.
Together, we go beyond.
Security at Avanade
Cybersecurity has taken on a new level of urgency, with attackers exploiting the new vulnerabilities across platforms and systems. Whether clients are accelerating to the cloud, in the middle of a transformation or need an accurate picture of their cybersecurity landscape. Avanade can help. Our security services provide a holistic approach through advisory, implementation and managed services to help you secure the enterprise through:
What we stand for:
Together we believe everyone counts.
We believe in diversity. Diverse teams and an inclusive environment are critical to innovation and future growth. Our mission is to create an environment where employees can do their best work.
We know that a chorus of different voices makes for a richer sound. We want you to be comfortable being who you are at work. That means being in an environment where everyone else is free to be who they are, too.
We are working hard to make the technology industry more diverse. You can help us change that with your presence and your attitude. Our Inclusion & Diversity program is a driving force in our company culture and helps us live one of our values—We believe everyone counts. Including you.
Together we connect.
Yes, we appreciate a variety of perspectives—it adds richness to our work. And yes, we understand that there are huge upsides to connecting with people who know where you’ve been and what it’s like to be you. That is why we have a bunch of employee networks where people can come together through that avenue of shared interests, background, and experiences. Employee groups do great things to create a more diverse, understanding, celebratory workforce.
Together we become a part of something bigger
Do you want to do good work, but also work that does some good in the world? Us, too. Joining Avanade means sharing our purpose—to make a genuine human impact—and helping us become a more responsible business. With forward-looking leadership and a commitment to sustainability, we can offer you the chance to make a real—and positive—difference for our clients, your Avanade colleagues, and your community.
Life comes first
There’s more to life than work. You’ll get the opportunity not just to make a positive human impact on the world while also experiencing all it has offer. We want you to experience the joy of family dinners, the thrill of outdoor adventures, the connection of volunteering in our communities, and the importance of self-care. You can’t be who you are without a flexible culture that allows you to log on when and where you work best. Because we know your best self does your best work.
You will be based in our Dublin office with expectation to be working on client site when required (subject to Covid-19 restrictions) Our headquarters are in Seattle, and our reach is worldwide. With 39,000 professionals and over 80 offices in 25 countries, you'll partner every day with colleagues from around the world, leveraging the latest technologies to keep you connected to your team, your client and your work.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.