French German Spanish or Italian Defender Fast Track Engineer, Consultant
Area of expertise:
We are looking for a thoughtful, analytical and highly energised Defender Fast Track Engineer. This position is home based, permanent and full time. This role is at Consultant to Senior Consultant. This role can also be a permanent or 18 months fixed term, depending on your preferred choice.
The FastTrack Defender team is looking for a thoughtful, analytical and highly energized FastTrack Engineer to join a new team that will be responsible for delivering onboarding Defender workloads.
The FastTrack Engineer should be a recognized technical expert who is interested in running complex operations across multiple countries, interested in coaching and mentoring others, able to analyze complex technical and non-technical data to understand challenges and opportunities and to drive results through their impact on others.
The FastTrack Engineer is also responsible for the technical aspects of onboarding customers which includes providing proactive guidance and remediation assistance.
The FastTrack Engineer will have to work with Defender customers, assess their environment, network and software to identify the actions needed for a smooth and quick Onboarding of Microsoft Defender, to define and execute a remediation plan together with the customer’s security staff as well as coach and mentor other FastTrack engineers on assisting Microsoft customers. You are responsible for executing the delivery of the customer Onboarding Experience for Microsoft Defender while utilizing the company’s IP and assets across partners, Microsoft Enterprise services engineering and support teams.
Your key business metrics will be:
- Customer Onboarding Satisfaction
- Reducing time\cost to Onboard
- Active Usage Growth
- Reducing reactive support incidents
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Execute, manage and lead a set of Microsoft Defender customers and partners through the Onboarding technical process.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of the Service, take ownership for Service improvement.
• Manage customer and partner Onboarding programs within expected timeframes while continually driving increased effectiveness and thus reducing costs.
- Share knowledge with others through solution documents, contribute to social media, engage in technical communities.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Customer and Partner Focus: proven experience driving business impact based on a deep understanding of customer and partner needs
- as well as strong troubleshooting skills
- exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted programs across multiple groups with varying priorities
- Applicants must be comfortable with ambiguity while striving for clarity with the personal desire and initiative to drive proactive business impacting change and clarity
The ideal candidate will have a two-year degree or the equivalent in work experience and preferably 3 years’ Customer Support and / or security experience. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with corporate customers, possess an understanding of the Onboarding process and demonstrate a vision for the future of Microsoft Defender solution. Candidate should also have excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations.
· A minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience deploying, configuring and administering security solutions, ideally MDE/MDO/MCAS/MDI/M365 Defender in large organizations of more than 1,000 managed devices/users, covering the following areas
· MDE - Microsoft Defender for Endpoints.
- Enable the Microsoft Defender MDE service by deploying an ATP agent profile using an onboard endpoint.
- Set Microsoft Defender MDE configuration profiles (including endpoint protection and device restriction).
- Set Security Center settings to personalize how Microsoft Defender MDE addresses the customer needs.
- Simulations and tutorials (like practice scenarios, fake malware, and automated investigations).
- Reporting and threat analytics.
· MDO - Microsoft Defender for Office (P1 and P2 configurations)
- Safe Links.
- Safe Attachments.
- Anti-phishing policies.
- Configuring automation, investigation, and response.
- Using Attack Simulator.
- Reporting and threat analytics.
· MCAS - Microsoft Cloud App Security
- Configuring the portal
- Setting up cloud discovery to provide shadow IT using: Microsoft Defender for Endpoints, Zscaler. Iboss
- Creating app tags and categories.
- Understanding incident correlation in the Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
· MDI - Microsoft Defender for Identity
- Connecting Defender for Identity to Active Directory.
- Running the sizing tool for resource capacity planning.
- Running the auditing tool to assess the compatibility of your domain controllers with the sensor.
- Deploying the sensor to capture and parse network traffic and Windows events directly from your domain controllers,
Benefits we offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (14 years in a row), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology.
- 90-plus Microsoft partner awards.
- 18 Gold Competencies.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 50,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.