Area of expertise:
About the role:
Avanade is looking for a software engineer who is passionate about software delivery with strengths in continuous delivery, cloud-native architectures and deployment automation. As a client-facing DevOps Engineer, you’ll join a delivery team focused on building and deploying custom solutions for our customers, both remotely and on-site. You will drive and evolve the team’s capability for reliable deployments with early feedback and quality gates.
We’re looking for a candidate who can challenge and enable clients to rethink their processes to enable Modern Delivery and DevOps culture. You’ll share best practices for build, test and deployment across a combination of technologies both on-premises and in the cloud.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Coordinate with Business Analysts and Project Managers to understand the system and data, evangelising the platform and assisting with understanding of incoming requirements
- Champion core DevOps behaviors including collaboration, communication, and ownership
- Develop scripts for automation of every aspect of dev, build and deployment process
- Manage a backlog of tasks centred on continuous improvement of the system
As a DevOps consultant, you’re a developer with a unique skillset. You understand the challenges of building quality software but also appreciate the nuances of getting software into a production environment with its infrastructure and security demands. You are self-driven, deeply enthusiastic about technology and capable of getting the job done correctly in high pressure and dynamic circumstances.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Experience working within an Azure environment using either Platform-as-a-Service offerings like Kubernetes (AKS), Web Apps, Key Vault, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings like virtual machines, network security groups, etc. Azure Certifications AZ-900, AZ-203, AZ-400 are encouraged
- Experience building and deploying either .NET, Java or NodeJs applications using Azure Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Jenkins or Octopus Deploy
- Experience working with network and system engineers to leverage ARM, Terraform or Ansible scripts to provision and deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Experience using either Azure DevOps, GitHub Enterprise or the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket) to manage work items and git repositories
- Proficient with git and recommended branching strategies
- Comfortable using PowerShell or Bash.
- You likely have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related education as well as a strong focus on automation.
- MUST be able to work on EST
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.