Cyber Security Operations Engineer
Area of expertise:
As an Avanade Cyber Security Operations Engineer, you will be working with a diverse team of security minded technologists in ensuring all information and data on computer systems and network devices are protected, adequately secured to prevent unauthorized access and appropriate security measures are in place to protect our people, our clients, and our data. You enjoy working on cutting edge technologies to help improve and/or assist in creating new security tools and services to help strengthen the cybersecurity landscape.
On a typical day:
- Our engineers typically work to identify, detect, respond, and triage various threats such as malware, phishing, zero-day vulnerabilities, and various other malicious activities. Thorough investigation and documentation are very important where you’ll assist with this continuous necessary process. Our diverse team have varied security focused areas but are always working with each other to cross-train, provide knowledge transfer, mentor, and challenge each other in becoming an inspiring team with cohesiveness, collaboration, and forward-thinking skills. Along with your security mindset, you are always learning, understanding, and building new skills to help us in staying ahead of new and unknown threats that could pose as risks to Avanade, our people and our clients.
- You have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, a deep technical understanding of modern cybersecurity threats, and a validated track record of a hands-on approach to maturing defense capabilities in highly targeted environments at scale.
- You’ll also work with our Subject Matter Experts, (SME’s), in support of new and existing Cloud security initiatives and systems for our services, networks, and applications providing technical support as needed on-prem and in the Cloud.
- Your daily activities also include working with various internal groups that encompass assisting with system security architecture, compliance, policy adherence, audit, identifying security risks and working with Avanade’s Asset Protection team. Through this collaboration, you’ll build working relationships with those teams to help bridge the importance of a security mindset to the users within and outside our organization.
- Strong SOC & Incident Response experience and Threat Hunting skills
- Solid understanding and experience with Microsoft Azure and/or other Cloud providers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft’s Security tools ecosystem. (MS Defender for Endpoint, MS Defender for Office, MS Defender for Identity, MS Cloud App Security)
- Strong knowledge of SIEM capabilities, Use Cases, Playbooks, Automation, Alerting, and Alert Tuning, Query structuring, Scripting.
- Strong understanding of MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Red Teaming, Blue Teaming, Purple Teaming, and Penetration Testing skills
Your qualifications likely include:
- 3+ years of proven experience in Security Incident Response, Security Engineering, and Information Security
- 3+ years of software engineering and/or site reliability engineering experience, including experience in Cloud provider-focused environments (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- SANS and CISSP and other cybersecurity accreditations highly desirable
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.