Transactional Legal Counsel
Domaine de spécialisation :
Description du poste
As Legal Counsel on the North America transactions team, you will mainly partner with business line management, business development executives, contract managers and other functions on commercial matters, especially client deals. You will assess and guide a variety of business stakeholders on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions, their potential impact and suggested mitigating actions.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate a broad range of IT consulting and system integrator related service contracts and related documents.
- Assist various business stakeholders in clarifying and balancing risk and reward in relation to the service offerings and individual client arrangements and mitigating risk to protect the company's assets and profitability.
- Guide business stakeholders on questions of contract performance.
- Escalate variances from contracting policy or unusual commercial and legal risks.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting Avanade, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into Avanade’s transactional practices.
- Develop internal trainings, guidelines, toolkits and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues.
- Develop subject matter expertise in one or more areas that benefit the Avanade Legal Group and/or our business.
- Promote and implement initiatives introduced by the Avanade Legal Group.
- Manage and ensure that corporate governance requirements are met, up to date and in compliance with local laws.
- Support the global compliance strategy and the related global compliance programs implementation, also working with the global compliance team.
- Manage issues and disputes, minimize potential for litigation and foster protection of Avanade’s reputation.
- Provide legal education and training for our employees.
- Handle other duties as may be assigned on a case-by-case basis.
You are a positive and committed person who is passionate about the law and technology. You are not afraid to speak your mind, and you enjoy a diverse, dynamic and creative environment. You have the ability to work in a team and manage competing priorities and adapt quickly to change. You are a people person with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization. You have a curious mindset and a strong interest in understanding the business and what drives performance.
In addition, you have:
- Degree in law. Strong academic credential. Attorney qualification.
- 1 to 5 years of experience as an attorney and with at least 1 years of experience drafting and negotiating contracts (working in a corporate legal department is a plus).
- Experience in the IT and/or consulting industry is desired.
- Deep knowledge of, or ability to understand, relevant laws (including contract, commercial, information technology, intellectual property, and data privacy) and also the business and work culture in a multinational company, including those pertaining to compliance.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Well-refined business perspective.
- Ability to work within a hierarchy and corporate multinational matrix both live and virtually across time zones.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision and to escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines with short time frames and work under pressure. Highly responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and reviewing complicated technology consulting arrangements.
- Strategic, proactive thinker.
- Positive, inclusive and collaborative style.
- Superior communication skills, particularly with respect to active listening to and integrating information from various sources quickly and communicating legal advice in a practical form in a business context.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem and cloud computing are a plus.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of French (reading, writing and speaking) would be a plus.
Partager cette offre:
À propos d’Avanade
Avanade est le chef de file des solutions d’affaires, des expériences orientées vers la conception et des services numériques et en nuage novateurs dans l’écosystème Microsoft. Nos professionnels apportent des réflexions nouvelles et audacieuses ainsi que leur expertise de l’industrie, en affaires et en technologies afin d’aider à créer un véritable impact humain sur nos clients, leurs clients et leurs employés. Nous sommes la puissance derrière le groupe d’affaires Accenture Microsoft, et nous aidons les entreprises à établir des relations avec les clients, à responsabiliser les employés, à optimiser les opérations et à transformer les produits en utilisant la plateforme Microsoft. Avanade compte 50000 professionnels dans 26 pays qui conseillent au mieux les clients en promouvant une culture collaborative mettant à l’honneur la diversité et les communautés dans lesquelles nous opérons. Détenue majoritairement par Accenture, Avanade a été fondée en 2000 par Accenture LLP et Microsoft Corporation. Apprenez-en davantage sur www.avanade.com.