West Region Managed Services – Solution Architect
Area of expertise:
West Region Managed Services – Solution Architect
About the Role:
A key strategy for Avanade is to grow our Managed Services business across all regions globally, both from an Application and Infrastructure Managed Services standpoint. In support of this strategy, Avanade is seeking candidates with Managed Services solutioning and deal shaping experience for a Solution Architect position. The role will include end-to-end deal support of managed services engagements including data gathering, analyzing, effort and cost estimating, deal shaping, proposal development, as well as assisting with contracting. This role requires strong customer facing skills to clearly articulate proposed solutions to Avanade’s customers. The architect will take a lead in providing sales support and solution configuration on large, complex Managed Services deals globally.
- End-to-end responsibility for shaping complex Managed Services deals
- Work across business team to interpret customer-defined or implied requirements against Avanade solution templates and delivery capabilities
- Engage with customer stakeholders and other knowledgeable resources to validate service requirements, explore solution options and identify service integration requirements
- Lead the definition of a Managed Services solution that meets the agreed requirements
- Work closely with Avanade delivery teams, including offshore delivery centers and third parties to determine service estimates in accordance with the Avanade Solutioning guidelines
- Identify all service costs and populate cost models accurately to ensure full visibility of costs related to establishing and delivering the service over the contract term
- Create and document a Solution Plan and engage internal stakeholders as required to populate the Avanade ‘Deal Review System’ and support an internal sign-off (at regional, area and global levels) of costs and risk
- Obtain required approval for variances from contracting standards by escalating issues to the proper executive on a timely basis (i.e., before agreed upon with the customer)
- Identify and mitigate solution risks
- Support the development of pricing and commercial strategies and commercial dialogue with customers
- Support sales activity in presenting our solution approach and methods to customer stakeholder groups
- Plan for and support service implementation, transition, and introduction activities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Avanade Solution Area and Business Development communities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with delivery center solution architects and contribute to the Avanade Managed Services Solution Architect community
- Effectively position Avanade’s Managed Services offerings, both internally and externally with our clients and partners, including evangelizing Avanade’s capabilities and value proposition
- Share client outcomes and market conditions with other stakeholders so that the global offering leads, and Managed Services community can evolve strategies and develop innovative solutions for the future
- Working location may vary; travel to customer locations will be required, including occasional travel to our global delivery centers as dictated by the business and requested by the regional teams
Demonstrated track record in Managed Services selling, solutioning and deal shaping acumen. You bring energy to our clients and the various people you interact with daily.
In addition, your skills/experience should include:
• 8+ years of overall consulting delivery and sales experience
• Detailed knowledge of Managed Services service and delivery models, including global and distributed delivery models. Proficiency in Application and Cloud/Infrastructure Managed Services
• Solution planning and deal shaping expert. Able to create compelling value proposition and leverage available assets and capabilities to craft the solution
• Selling to senior customer leadership; leading negotiations or developing business terms and conditions
• Has led service introduction and/or service transition AND has been responsible for ensuring entire deal delivered value as defined
• Has worked in an environment with global delivery and in multiple geographies and industries
• Strong point of view on emerging trends in technology, Managed Services, Application Development – DevOps, Cloud Native Application, Microsoft Development platforms and Open-Source Software, Cloud platforms like Azure, data analytics, containers, RPA and intelligent automation
• Comfortable working with estimating, costing and working with Finance and Sales Leads on pricing models. Demonstrates strong analytical skills, ability to analyze customer provided data
• Demonstrates a structured and considered approach to written and oral communication. Able to communicate potentially complex solutions to less technical people
• Proven ability to work within a team, contributing to the success of the team while making a personal contribution. Provides leadership when appropriate and capable of working effectively within a matrixed organization
• Able to define solution elements even when all the required information is not available
• Realizes and documents reasonable assumptions
• Knowledge of Microsoft Products, Services and platforms
• Extensive interaction with C-level executives
• You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.