Virtual Desktop Citrix Engineer
Area of expertise:
Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to the Microsoft Cloud? If so, keep reading…
We are a diverse group of customer-focused individuals with the goal of driving use of Microsoft 365 in to a customer’s business and enabling them to realize business value. We collaborate and share learnings and innovate solutions to enable our customers to increase their usage of the Microsoft Cloud.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and grit, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
As a Virtual Desktop Citrix Engineer, your focus is to help customers ensure their custom developed applications run effectively on Windows 10. This is done by identifying their application readiness needs, coordinating with technical resources to drive remediation of application issues, and collecting/reporting feedback and issues encountered to help improve Windows and application compatibility. You will represent Microsoft in communications via phone, email, web to assist customers and partners in readying their applications for Windows 10 or Office Pro Plus. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
Key Business Metrics:
- Obtain high customer and partner satisfaction with the FastTrack Application Readiness service
- Drive customer success through effective facilitation of application remediation
- Provide high quality data back to the product teams to help drive service improvement
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate timely and impactful engagement of Application Compatibly technical resources to resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 10/Windows as a Service (WaaS)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within assigned customers
- Maintain strong working relationships with other customer facing account personnel in the Sales, Services, Marketing and Product Management teams
- Gather input from the customer to determine their application remediation needs and effectively track progress of their application readiness activity
- Collect, analyze, and communicate key application compatibly feedback to improve the Windows product and end to end FastTrack Application Readiness process
Required Qualifications Include:
- Windows and/or Office Application Development competency: Possess the knowledge and experience with Windows application development to effectively communicate with customer and partner Windows application developers, and coordinate with Microsoft developer support engineers
- Customer and Partner Focus: Demonstrated skills and abilities to consistently create an amazingly positive experience for our customers and Partners
- Collaboration: exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted programs across multiple groups with varying priorities
- Communication Skills – Spoken and written English (including technical writing). Build trust, drive recommendations, and land priorities across customers, partners, senior leaders (Microsoft-internal and customer Technical and Business Decision Makers), and across organizational boundaries
- Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Background in project and process management preferred
- Proven ability to work across a “virtual team” that has remote team members and crosses organization boundaries
- Able to regularly work in the office (Las Colinas, TX) to foster a team culture that is highly collaborative and focused on making every customer experience perfect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent’s experience
- Demonstrated Windows Application Development, Developer Support, and/or Customer Relationship Management experience with these technologies
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.