User Experience Design Manager
Area of expertise:
About Our Digital Studio
The ITS xD (Experience Design) digital studio is a diverse team of user experience designers with different specializations working together to support Avanade's workforce. Our role is to design exceptional experiences for our professionals so that they can focus on delivering great work for our clients.
About the role
We are looking for an Experience Design Manager who thrives in solving business, user, and technical problems, and effectively manages teams to deliver on numerous complex projects.
You will set the strategy and approach for the IT & Information Security Experience Design team. You'll have the opportunity to define the vision for the end-to-end user experience and lead projects, while growing the relationship with our stakeholders.
As an Experience Design Manager of our team, you will be an established expert in your field, experienced in applying exceptional skills to deliver design projects working and leading with a distributed team.
Daily, this means you will:
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal customers and stakeholders
- Manage the portfolio of Experience Design work across the IT and Information Security services
- Lead, provide feedback, develop, and motivate a team to ensure design and business needs are met, in a dynamic environment
- Cultivate a collaborative and supportive team culture, including hiring and staffing exceptional team members
- Focused on the personal and professional development of our team
- Monitor trends and best practices in Experience Design methods and tools
- Help develop design concepts and implementation, providing input on user design considerations
- Facilitate Design Thinking sessions to solve problems, establish plans of action, and create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Manage the operations of simultaneous projects by setting priorities, assigning resources, supporting client data protection, ensuring quality, project goals, and key milestones are achieved
- Lead by example through high engagement and collaboration in group or individual settings and mentorship
You are a skilled Experience Design professional and a leader. You love to solve problems. You want to contribute to the growth and development of others. You believe there are many ways to successfully approach challenges and are willing to experiment with new methods and tools. You see learning opportunities everywhere.
You will likely have more than 5 years’ relevant Experience Design experience. It is desirable to have 2 years of management experience as well.
You may have a Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree. In some circumstances, specific experience and demonstrated interest in building expertise in these areas may be a substitute for a degree.
You will have experience:
- Leading design teams and developing people
- With UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Translating requirements into design specifications
- Researching, designing and/or proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating design decisions and technical feasibility of solutions
- Using Microsoft Tools (SharePoint, Fluent Design, Power Platforms)
- Working, creating, and maintaining Design Systems
- Using a Human Centered Design approach in solving user needs with deep customer empathy
Bonus points if:
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft products and ecosystem
- Experience with collaboration tools (Mural, Miro, et cetera)
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies preferred
Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree; experience may substitute degree
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.