Technical Test Lead
Area of expertise:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Test Lead to work in the UK QA and Testing capability. Taking a hands-on role within the QA and Testing capability you will have the opportunity to work on leading edge data solutions with a diverse range of FTSE100 clients companies.
- Working as a hands-on Technical Test Lead on a critical Price Optimisation application.
- Technical Testing and delivery responsibilities on a complex project including:
-Reporting to a Project Manager and Client Stakeholders during the delivery phase.
-Provide guidance, knowledge, and technical direction to a team of offshore Test Analysts.
-Interfacing with the onshore & offshore development team.
-Liaising with the client UAT team and BA to understand and refine technical business requirements.
-Managing complex environment requirements across a programme of work.
- Defining test scenarios and test scripts, scheduling work activity within the test team. Transition of Test Scripts and Test Execution to the off-shore team.
- Managing and measuring performance and delivery against work plans and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Hands on test execution becoming the SME for the System Test phases, working directly with the Development, Offshore Test and client UAT teams.
- Defect Triaging of complex System Test and UAT defects.
We are looking for the following experience profile:
- Quality assurance consulting professionals who have come through a technical career path to focus on the QA aspects of SDLC, specifically with deep experience leading QA within custom development / business intelligence environments.
- Significant and demonstrable experience as a Senior Test Analyst or Test Lead gained within a commercial environment such as consulting or systems integration.
- Experience of testing from both a technical and business perspective and being able to gain deep understanding of business context.
- Demonstrable experience producing, writing, and delivering test strategy, plans, specifications, and reports in complex solutions.
- Strong experience working in distributed testing teams, especially offshore teams within an agile / iterative development environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload and tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including customer engagements. Ability to communicate and explain complicated technical issues with client users.
- Formal Quality Assurance certification (ISEB).
- Extensive knowledge of .Net and SQL solutions.
- Good knowledge of writing SQL scripts to reconcile and validate data.
- Practical experience of operating and management of demanding test environments.
- Proven experience of problem determination and defect triaging.
- Ideally the candidate should have experience working with Price Optimisation solutions.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.