Are you a passionate advocate of modern ways of working and Agile culture? We want to talk to you!
Digital disruption is opening up more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers and accelerate the realization of business value. That's what we'd love you to help us do. With your strong business experience, vision, and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking and re-imagine operating models, we can open up fantastic career opportunities for you.
Avanade – The World’s Premier Microsoft Consultancy
Avanade is the world’s leading Microsoft consultancy and is the ultimate destination for consultants who specialise in Microsoft technology. Our vision is to be the leading digital innovator through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. We are 40,000 consultants strong and growing.
Diversity and inclusion is baked into our DNA, as is flexibility. We empower our people to deliver awesome solutions for our clients, and our unsurpassed experience in the Microsoft space enables us to place our people on the most challenging, rewarding engagements. Career progression opportunities at Avanade are world-leading, as are our benefits.
Be part of Avanade’s future in South Australia
We have recently established the #adelaide.build.hub, a modern engineering center in Adelaide to deliver engineering excellence to the region. We are building a squad-based delivery model from the ground up to deliver rapid and frequent value to our clients. Our squads are Agile-driven, DevOps-enabled multi-disciplinary teams, each with a focus on a particular Microsoft technology stack.
Adelaide is a greenfield location for Avanade providing an opportunity to join us early and have a real impact on our future in South Australia.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will contribute to and own portions of the customer relationship building and maintenance process including, stakeholder identification and needs assessment. You will contribute to and own portions of requirements analysis, management, and change approval.
You will be a key supporter in the creation of the BA project and communications plans including the quality measurement and tracking.
Additionally, you will share the responsibility of identifying and communicating risks and issues that may require changes to plans or scope. You possess an improved knowledge of many BA techniques enabling you to contribute with the limited supervision of senior BA counterparts.
• Own the evaluation and analysis of project complexity, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies
Refine the creation and maintenance of stakeholder relationships and engagement, including contributing to the communication plan
• Engage appropriate audiences/resources and formalize documentation from requirements elicitation sessions
• Participate in the creation of requirements repository structure, and the enforcement of quality and traceability attributes in requirements delivery for subsequent project activities
• Participate in determining solution performance metrics, learn how to perform measurements, and support subsequent reporting
• Own individual and/or small team efforts in requirements engineering documentation and subsequent communication and response efforts
• Contribute to modeling efforts while refining capability through individual study and working with other analysts and developers
• Apply formal BABOK knowledge and on-the-job experience in most of BA competency
• Enhances understanding through project work of the business needs that are driven down from the business case, project scope, and task assignments
• Collaborate with senior resources on defect response for an implemented solution, including documentation and communication
• Participate in the transfer of functional requirements to develop and test team members
• Participate in the test execution of delivered requirements
Mentor and guide analyst-level roles across activities to enhance team capabilities
• 7 - 10 years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst is required.
• Finance or Insurance Industry experience will be preferred.
• Demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills
• Proven ability to identify and communicate project issues and risks
• Comfortably interacts with clients and can develop business relationships
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with partners and customers
• Demonstrated ability to apply BA knowledge independently, requesting assistance as needed
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Familiarity with contributing to the creation and execution of project plans
• Familiarity and knowledge of the content and purpose of project communications plans
• Demonstrates the ability to guide the work effort of team members
• Ability to mentor and support the learning of subordinate professionals
• Self-starter, able to complete assigned tasks on time
• Detail-oriented in approach to tasks and deliverables
• Contributes to team members and/or team success
• Passionate about IT projects and learning new technologies
• You likely possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Please APPLY only if you are an Australian Citizen with full working rights.