Technical Business Analyst
Area of expertise:
Our business analysis teams analyze client needs and determine the Avanade solutions and consultants best suited to meet them. This involves working with clients to understand existing business processes and creating new processes and system designs.
As a Senior Analyst on this team, you will play an important role in collaborating with the team to create critical deliverables to key stakeholders. You will be part of requirements gathering, analysis and management; project and communications plan creation; and issue identification and resolution.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Work with the project team and customers to assess needs and manage customer relationships
- Contribute to business case assessment, development and documentation
- Identify risks and issues and escalate as necessary
- Transfer functional requirements to development and test teams
- Participate in peer review sessions and collaborate with colleagues through quality improvements and education
- Own the creation of relevant requirement documentation
- Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements: You likely possess a broad range of skills, including:
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Working knowledge and application standard modeling notation
- Ability to identify and communicate project issues and risks
- Self-starter, highly motivated, excellent team player
- Strong understanding of and experience in SDLC
- Proven experience facilitating stakeholder interviews and group workshops effectively
- Ability to translate business requirement into technical designs and communicate effectively with technical people and in turn take technical designs and reinterpret into business terminology
- Proven experience defining and applying testing strategies to ensure quality software
- Experience facilitate User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Experience in Agile project management and delivery
Preferred Education Background: You likely have a Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology or similar degree. IIBA certification is nice to have.
Preferred Years of Work Experience: You likely possess at least 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
Scope of Work
- Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
- Complexity: Complex problems primarily within one's occupation / discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations.
- Supervision Received: Works under guidance and direction, but able to conduct independent work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: May support more junior colleagues on work efforts, with some checking of work.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Personal goals
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.