Area of expertise:
Welcome to theAvanade Poland Digital Innovation Studio, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a dynamic, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, build transformative digital experiences for some of the biggest and the best brands in the world. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Perfect, keep reading.
The Team/Development Manager is an experienced and versatile leader responsible for the success of the project and their team. They should be equally capable of kicking off a challenging project, mentoring junior resources, championing development best practices, or running a hackathon. Their success will be measured by the career and technical growth of their people, a successful project delivery track record, effective staffing decisions, morale of the office engineers, and the successful delivery of internal initiatives or process improvements. The ideal candidate should strive to exemplify and promote Avanade’s culture of client service, self-empowerment, and growing others.
This role is a day-to-day problem solver and plays a critical role in ensuring resourcing, engineering, creative, delivery and management are communicating effectively. As a result, it requires significant interpersonal and communication skills in addition to a technical background.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related education (or equivalent life experience)
- 7+ years of software industry experience, including recent technical experience (e.g. senior developer, architect or team lead), project leadership experience (e.g. as a team lead or project manager) and a proven track record of successful project delivery
- 2+ years of people and performance management experience with proven ability to mentor and grow employees and first time managers
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle, software development best practices, client-facing consulting, and technical training and mentorship
- Proven experience dealing with difficult employees issues confidentially and effectively
Nice to have:
- Experience with recruiting, technical interviewing and hiring decisions
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.