Support Engineer - Office 365 & Teams
Area of expertise:
Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to the Microsoft Cloud? If so, keep reading…
We are a diverse group of customer-focused individuals with the goal of driving use of Microsoft 365 in to a customer’s business and enabling them to realize business value. We collaborate and share learnings and innovate solutions to enable our customers to increase their usage of the Microsoft Cloud.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and grit, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
As an Office 365 & Teams Support Engineer, you will be responsible for basic management of enterprise Microsoft 365 platform applications. This includes Identity and Access Management via Azure AD, Enterprise Mobility Management via Intune, Productivity via Office 365, and Security & Data Protection via Azure Identity & Threat Protection, etc. In this role, you will provide operational support for designated client Teams and Office 365 environment. You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations and driving customer success.
You have a passion for working with customers and have a proven ability to be client focused, results-focused, proactive, collaborative, and confident under pressure. You have strong time and priority management skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. You have solid communication skills and written & oral skills in English. You have demonstrated experience managing a customer and partner relationship and you manage expectations well. You have a passion for working in Service Operations, which is an ITIL centric process.
Your Technical & Non-Technical Skills Include:
- Demonstrated experience in Office 365 & Teams technologies
- Familiarity with Enterprise Voice (Dialplans, routing policies, call queues, auto attendants, calling policies)
- Basic concept of direct routing
- Teams client structure (Teams, channels, etc.)
- Understanding of Teams devices (IP Phones, Teams rooms, Collaboration bars, Teams displays, Teams panels)
- Experience/Knowledge in management of enterprise Microsoft 365 platform applications (Enterprise Mobility Management via Intune, Productivity via Office 365, and Security and Data Protection via Azure Identity & Threat Protection, etc.)
- Experience/knowledge with support on Microsoft 365 Product components (Intune, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.)
- Understanding of complementary technologies, such as AD FS, Azure Active Directory Connect and PowerShell
- Reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Experience/knowledge in creating & managing Users, groups in Active Directory on GUI & Core servers.
- Experience/knowledge in creating & managing shared drive permissions.
- Experience/knowledge in managing User mailbox and distribution groups in Office 365
- Able to troubleshoot outlook issues, analyze & troubleshoot NDR & bounce back emails
- Troubleshooting server and application performance issues
- Associates degree in Computer Science or graduate from technical school and/or equivalent work experience
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.