Support Engineer - Office 365 & Azure
Area of expertise:
Are you passionate and excited about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to ensure success as they transition their businesses to the Microsoft Cloud? If so, keep reading…
We are a diverse group of customer-focused individuals with the goal of driving use of Microsoft 365 in to a customer’s business and enabling them to realize business value. We collaborate and share learnings and innovate solutions to enable our customers to increase their usage of the Microsoft Cloud.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and grit, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
As a Support Engineer-Office 365 & Azure, you will implement and drive the Service Operations Level 1 Engineer-specific processes and associated responsibilities. You will manage CMS tickets, which are reported through all channels, and you will participate in knowledge management.
You have a passion for learning and working with customers and you have the proven ability to be client-focused, results-focused, proactive, collaborative, and confident under pressure. You have strong time, project, and priority management skills, with demonstrable experience of working face to face at varying levels within organizations. You have a demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly. You have great communication skills, written skills, customer/partner relationship skills, and expectations management, and are capable of working in Service Operations, which is an ITIL centric process.
Your Technical Skills Include:
- Experience in basic management of enterprise Microsoft 365 platform applications (Identity and Access Management via Azure AD, Enterprise Mobility Management via Intune, Productivity via Office 365, and Security and Data Protection via Azure Identity & Threat Protection, etc.)
- Experience with support on Microsoft 365 Product components (Intune, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.)
- Good to Know Knowledge: troubleshooting Microsoft Azure AD, AD infrastructure, unified messaging with O365 or on-prem Exchange and security solutions for our enterprise customers
- Understanding of complementary technologies, such as AD FS, Azure Active Directory Connect and PowerShell
- Reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Creating & managing Users, groups in Active Directory on GUI & Core servers
- Creating & managing shared drive permissions
- Managing User mailbox, Distribution groups in Exchange & Office 365
- Troubleshooting Exchange server and Office 365 issues related to mail flow, spam, & calendar permissions administration
- Experience in troubleshooting Share point and Skype issues
- Able to troubleshoot outlook issues, analyze & troubleshoot NDR & bounce back emails
- Troubleshooting server and application performance issues
- Experience in the following: Azure PowerShell
- An understanding of core networking, storage, compute and security concepts
- Understanding of Windows Server 2012 - 2019, Hyper-V, Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Internet Explorer, IIS & SQL Server Databases
- Good to Know Knowledge: Linux basic systems administration, cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
- Data storage planning and deployment experience with products like SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Basic understanding of Azure licensing issues
- Knowledge on Azure subscription & billing models
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.