Sr Program and Project Manager | Delivery Lead
Area of expertise:
For our offices in Milan, Rome, Padua and Bologna, we are looking for Sr Program and Project Manager, who will lead large and complex project teams and/or programs and will be accountable for the overall management, planning, and delivery of assigned projects/programs.
In this role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the services and corresponding customer satisfaction. Additionally, this role will actively support sales, estimating, planning, mobilisation, execution and closure of transformation deals on complex application delivery. You may also serve as a Career Manager or provide technical expertise and mentorship to colleagues. Along with project life cycle, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and issues as well as monitor financial performance according to in-place agreements made between Avanade and the customer.
- Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the program level at the agreed upon terms, original deal economics, schedule, and quality level
- Manage overall project/program risks, making adjustments as necessary and obtaining buy-in from senior management for critical project plans, commitment and changes
- Oversee and lead development, implementation and maintenance of the Project Work Plan, including approval for the project's estimated schedule, effort, and cost
- Manage accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- As appropriate, support clients managing their change enablement processes to drive business value
- Ensure understanding of stakeholder goals and expectations, addresses misalignments, monitors the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations and communicates back to customer
- Provide project leadership to appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces
- Mentor and develop team members and peers. Provide oversight to management of relationships with project or program suppliers and subcontractors
- Monitor service levels agreements according to contract terms and condition
- Coordinate and prioritize resources across projects and programs
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
* Enthusiastic people leader, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, able to self-integrate as a manager of a very strong and well-bonded team, while introducing new challenges and growth opportunities for them.
* Likes to connect with other people and tends to focus on developing and nurturing long lasting relationships
* Relevant and proven experience in IT Project/Program Management, coordinating a medium-large team of resources (internal and external), with high level of exposure to customer and a proven ability to document, communicate and market IT programs while executing them
* Experience working as a lead in a digital technology/IT business enabling function, in complex environments
* Minimum 4-8 years of experience in project management roles;
* Advanced understanding of contract terms and interpretation
* Working knowledge of project/product management methods, tools, techniques
* Working knowledge of Earned Value reporting
* Fluent English
Your added value.
- Certifications: Project Management Institute (PMI) certification, additional certifications ( Agile/SCRUM, ITIL etc.) are an advantage
- Education Background: Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field (or equivalent).
- Expertise in Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.