Sr. Manager, Software Development
Area of expertise:
About the Role
We’re looking for a Software Development Leader to help us build and manage high-performance teams in Vancouver city. You will hire, grow, coach, and lead teams of engineers to build, scale, monitor, and innovate client's products. This role reports to the Director, Software Development and is based in Vancouver office.
What you will do
- Hire, build, and support cohesive, high-performance teams
- Provide strategic support to help direct reports build the career they want
- Define and deliver well-scoped programs of work that achieve results, while communicating risks, trade-offs, and timelines with stakeholders
- Establish and maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality in all delivered projects
- Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, and facilitate communication for multiple stakeholders
- Challenge the status quo and effect positive organizational both within the team(s) you manage, but also more broadly, outside of mandated work
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated senior level (or above) software development experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility, including people leadership
- Hands-on experience with design and development of one of the core technologies.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities
- Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Who You Are
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.