As a Senior Consultant Power BI, you will design and develop human and/or machine experience for data and analytics tools and processes. Using emerging and established technologies, the Senior Consultant Power BI will consider and design for both human and machine interactions in response to insights discovered from data. Additionally, this role will play a critical role in enabling data discovery of core issues, trends, expected and actual outcomes for humans and machines consuming the data.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Implement project plans around reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end-user information portals or resources.
- Contribute to teams providing technology-based data reporting tools and management for business segments or the company at large.
- Bring expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations based on company reporting and data needs.
- Advise business groups by providing technical and strategic reports that identify and address business issues and opportunities.
- Generate ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Proficient with a predictive analytics tools like R
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets
-Highly proficient in at least one high level programming languages such (i.e. Python, Scala, etc.)
- Preferably proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing), and optimization algorithms
- Preferably proficient in statistical modeling tools
- Able to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive Spark, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits
- Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients
- Experience in program or project management.
at least Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate and/or Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 5-7+ years of relevant professional experience.