Sr. Cloud Solution Architect- Azure
Area of expertise:
Role and Responsibilities Description
- Review and evaluate architectures of existing systems and software products to identify reuse and platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to the teams in the implementation of established architectures and designs.
- Mentor and coach architects and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud software architectures.
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and Avanade sales team.
- The role is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
- Own the Azure technical customer engagement including developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer facing contract bid responses.
- Assess Azure footprint readiness for deployment activities
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, and storage
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Oracle, and Unix platforms
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet is preferred
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: Must have: Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, BiCep, Bash, Nice to have: .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Node.js and other niche’ languages
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, vWAN, Global Reach, Azure Active Directory, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure Storage, Networking and Security Solutions, ARM Templates, JSON scripting, Windows and/or Linux administration, Azure App Services, Orchestration, Kubernetes, and Containers (Docker preferred)
- Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs, MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, SharePoint on Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare, System Center, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, PowerShell scripting, Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication Certifications
- Experience as a team lead in consultative role on customer engagements involving software application projects
- Ability to be hands-on in leadership roles as well as manage others to execute and deliver project deliverables
- 3+ years senior level support with cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support team
- MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA Cloud Platform Solutions Associate, MCSA Linux on Azure Solutions Associate
- Architect Exam priorities: Architecting Azure Solutions 70-534, AZ – 300 & AZ - 301, 70-533, AZ – 100 & 101 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions, AZ – 203, 70-532 Developing Azure Solutions
- Partner & Opensource Exam Priorities: GitHub, HashiCorp, DataDog, Ansible, Linux administration, Bash scripting, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Selenium & Grid, unify cloud and any best of breed tool being rapidly adopted by the cloud community
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.