Area of expertise:
About the Role
We are looking for a Sitecore Developer to design, develop, and deliver software solutions on the .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology. You will have an active hands-on role working closely with our clients & internal teams to deliver solutions that best leverage the capabilities of Sitecore while pairing them with the needs of the client problem. This position requires a focus on writing great code and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. As a Sitecore Developer, you’ll be expected to grow and develop not only our client’s capabilities on Sitecore, but also collaborate with other developers to ensure that our standards for technology delivery on Sitecore are repeatable, consistent, effective, and current.
- Work on end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance, and evolution) implementation of digital solutions using Sitecore CMS. Partner closely with our project managers, business analysts, QA teams and solution architects to deliver high quality, high performing solutions on time and on budget for our clients.
- Work closely with our clients and business partners (UX designers, content team, analytics team, product managers, etc.) to propose design and implement system solution.
- Aid support teams during troubleshooting and issue triage, helping to resolve issues and identify gaps that would need remediation.
- Draft technical specifications, system architectures, development approaches, and testing solutions
- Work and collaborate with the extended team including offshore resources.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
Skills and Expertise
- Software development experience in developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise level solutions (object-oriented design, distributed systems, web services, etc)
- Familiar with Sitecore application setup, front end, back-end development, package deployment and admin activities.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns, XML/JSON and using and consuming 3rd party web services/APIs (SOAP, REST, etc).
- Experience with Agile software development principles & practices (scrum, backlog, etc.).
- Experience with source control systems like TFS, GIT.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services (VSTS) and Powershell scripts.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Nice to Have
- Sitecore Certification, preferably in ver. 9.x
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- Experience with accelerator frameworks such as Sitecore SXA, Brainjocks SCORE, or similar.
- Agency and/or consulting experience.
- Kubernetes / Docker
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.