Sitecore Architect | Northeast
Area of expertise:
Sitecore Architect | Digital Innovation Studios
Welcome to the Avanade Digital Innovation Studios, where the best in creative and technology mix it up to push the boundaries of innovation. We're a fast-moving, big-idea-dreaming, mishmash of designers, UX architects, technologists, delivery experts, writers, and more, who, when brought together, create trans formative digital experiences for some of the biggest and best brands on the planet. Sound like a place you wouldn't mind hanging your hat? Great, in North America you can find us in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC, Raleigh, Seattle, and Toronto. And on top of all that, we are Sitecore’s 2021 Global Partner of Year.
About the role
A Sitecore Architect is responsible for the leadership, planning, project coordination and management of assigned client Sitecore engagements. This job ensures the right Sitecore solutions and digital strategy in order to meet business needs that enable Avanade to sustain and grow our position as the leading Sitecore global systems integrator on the Microsoft platform. This job ensures that solution efforts are appropriately prioritized, that solutions are integrated, and that the Digital Studio has defined the right solution, cross-selling messages for the client, while facilitating efficient implementation of the digital project. Responsible for optimizing team and individual contributions to achieve stated objectives. May serve as a Career Manager or mentor to more junior developers.
You have an expert level understanding of the project and software development lifecycle and are obsessed with architecting design solutions for your clients. You are self-motivated and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You most likely have 10+ years of software development experience in developing, implementing and supporting enterprise level solutions (object-oriented design, distributed systems, web services, etc) with at least 8+ years of experience in developing solutions using Sitecore CMS utilizing ASP.NET MVC, C#, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, Visual Studio, LINQ,. Of course, 3 or more years experience leading large, enterprise level teams.
- Experienced in Sitecore version 8.x+
- Experience developing Sitecore solutions using the Helix architectural guidelines.
- Experience with Sitecore item serialization using TDS or Unicorn.
- Experienced leading large, enterprise level teams
- Should have deep technical skills and be capable of serving as a subject matter expert in at least one Microsoft technology or business domain.
- Familiar with Sitecore application setup, front end, back-end development, package deployment and admin activities.
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns, XML/JSON and using and consuming 3rd party web services/APIs (SOAP, REST, etc).
- Familiar with Agile software development principles & practices (scrum, backlog, etc).
- Experience with source control systems like GIT.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years experience.
If you have the following, that’s awesome! If not, we will train you:
- Sitecore Certification, preferably in ver. 9.x
- Experience with Sitecore version 9.x+
- Experience and expertise in leading a Sitecore Migration.
- Sitecore Commerce development
- Advanced data layer development
- Experience with Azure DevOps Services (VSTS) and PowerShell scripts. Strongly preferred
- Experience with accelerator frameworks such as Sitecore SXA, JSS, or similar.
- Experience working at a consulting firm or Agency
- Ability to travel to the customer location
- Must have legal right to work in the US
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.