Sharepoint / Power Platform Developer
Area of expertise:
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our growing digital experience team.
As a Sharepoint/Power Platform Developer, you focus will be on crafting, developing, and testing critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You will work on a variety of new software development projects, as well as maintaining existing applications when required, enjoying leadership from more experienced developers as well as sharing your programming knowledge with others.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide-ranging, high profile customer base across many exciting and challenging projects. This position develops and tests enterprise solutions including mobile and web applications, web services and integrations, and collaboration portals.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know your code and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results. This is the role that you know will steer your professional career in the right direction.
Day to day responsibilities
- Collaborate in all the different project phases, from defining technical, operational and user requirements, through to planning, quality control and testing
- Build conceptual architecture and develop solution options that match your clients’ requirements
- Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the Quality Engineers.
- Create technical and functional/end-user operational documentation for the software or system.
- Track problems and issues, escalating as necessary to leadership
- Day to day you will partner with global technical teams, acting as a bridge to clients or more senior Service Delivery team members
- Identify and suggest productivity improvements to technical problems
Technical and non-technical skills
- Developing with core Microsoft back-end technologies including .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, WebAPI/WCF, and SQL Server
- Strong SharePoint fundamentals including lists document libraries permissions content types and workflows.
- Experience developing in SharePoint and Office365 or Dynamics 365 is desirable
- Working with agile and waterfall-based delivery methodologies
- Application development, code development, application testing and component design
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly, thoroughly, and confidently
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed, including global teams
- Experience working with large scale production environments requiring minimal downtime
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Can think on your and thrive under pressure
- Typically 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Attractive benefits package
- Exceptional development and training with paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- A dedicated career adviser to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers
- Reward and recognition program
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 39,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.