About the Role
We believe that the best Mobile Engineers obsess over quality, consistency, and performance. As an seasoned iOS developer at Avanade, you will be presented with an amazing opportunity to develop interesting and challenging mobile applications and receive mentorship from some of the brightest minds in Toronto’s Software Engineer Community.
On your first project, you will be a part of an agile team - working alongside your colleagues and our client to write efficient and optimized code, gathering, and working on requirements, and integrating with their organization to build and deliver a complex solution. In this role, you will be consistently collaborating with your fellow software engineers, product managers, scrum masters, and technical program managers.
We take tremendous pride in creating the best bespoke software for our clients and are thrilled that our team continues to learn and grow together.
Day-to-day, you will:
You have a passion for all mobile technologies, specifically native iOS development. Your background includes experience delivering iOS applications, with experience in Swift/Objective-C. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
- Expert knowledge of Swift (Objective-C nice to have)
- Experience in all parts of native iOS development lifecycle including application development (application structure, device and operating system API's, debugging, performance, security), 3rd party integration points, deployment, updating and roll-out.
- Strong command in computer science concepts and programming best practices (OOP, SOLID, Design Patterns)
- Experience with common mobile application architecture patterns (MVVM, MVC, MVP) and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with dependency injection and reactive programming (RxSwift) frameworks
- Experience with and a desire to learn other mobile technologies, including Android, Flutter, React Native etc.
- Experience consuming web services (REST) and processing data (XML/JSON)
You likely have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) as well as 4+ years of IOS experience
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.