Senior Sharepoint Specialist
Area of expertise:
Avanade is the world’s leading digital innovator and believe in making genuine human impact in everything we do. This is through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft Technology.
By joining Avanade’s software engineering practice, you will have fantastic opportunity to operate at the forefront of technology, with access to best clients across the world, on challenging and exciting projects.
We are a diverse team, and we are proud of our culture that welcomes every individual. In our teams you will find talented and passionate technologists, with a humble, collaborative, and positive attitude.
If you are the type of person who thrives of constantly learning and challenging yourself with a genuine desire to do your best, then you could be successful here. We promise to invest in you and help give you the platform for continuous learning and development.
About the role:
You are a Consultant with a focus on legacy and on-premise SharePoint migrations to Office 365, combining SharePoint administration, task automation with PowerShell, general Microsoft 365 or Azure experience; and a well-rounded core skillset and experience with project lifecycle tools.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Participate in the assessment of the customer environment and their requirements and documents results properly.
- Develop Processes and PowerShell Scripts to facilitate the migration of content to Office 365 / SharePoint On-Premises.
- Develop components of the technical solution collaborating with Architects.
- Work with the customer to understand requirements and make the appropriate recommendations, maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Perform tests according to a given test plan and documents results.
- Work in a cross-functional and agile team with the architects, other developers and project manager to deliver effective solutions to a range of business problems.
- Proactively keep up to date with the changing technical landscape through training and knowledge sharing.
- Manage assigned tasks and recording lessons learned to improve the migration process.
- Contribute to training documentation reviews.
Some of the skills required:
- Able to translate architecture designs in a technology specific solution.
- You have a problem-solving attitude
- Advanced Sharepoint administration and migration experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
- Good customer facing skills
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in scrum teams with an understanding of the Agile methodology
Experience with some of the Tech Stack:
- SharePoint on-premise and SharePoint Online administration experience.
- Document and content migrations to SharePoint online.
- Migrations to OneDrive for Business and Teams.
- Migration tooling including ShareGate, DocAve, SharePoint Migration Manager, data exports and scripting.
- Basic PowerShell, Azure, Windows Server/Virtual Machine and PowerBI experience is a bonus.
What we offer
This is a superb opportunity to be in a rewarding role, that offers ongoing training! Avanade pays for all Microsoft certifications and recognises your dedication by offering you a strong career path. You will have an exposure to work on complex but exciting projects, using variety of Microsoft stack technologies.
We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including ongoing professional technology training and management training.
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you
We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach, and enthusiasm for technology!
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.