Senior Manager, Cloud Transformation
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking a Group Manager to expand its Cloud and IT Strategy Advisory capabilities. You will manage engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
The Cloud IT Strategy Advisory team provides strategic advice on how best to adopt and optimise Cloud in ways that align with a clients technology and business strategy and constraints and improve their business value. We deliver our broad range of Cloud advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the management team, within a highly matrixed organisation, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives, including sales and revenue goals. You will regularly provide strategic advice to senior clients while providing technical, operational and people leadership of work efforts.
This role requires a deep knowledge and experience in delivering Technology Strategy, common public and private Cloud platforms, application architectures; DevOps, IT Operations; IT Security; IT Operating Model.
In this role, you will
Assist our clients in successfully defining their Cloud and technology strategies, value case to invest and operating models to support their priorities.
- Engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide outstanding IT strategy and industry guidance to improve client’s long-term business objectives.
- Assess clients current or planned use of cloud in terms of alignment with strategy, industry best practice and optimal architectural, operational and financial fit.
- Experience and understanding of common on premise architecture patterns and the challenges of transitioning to or co-existing with public Cloud.
- Possess deep understanding of technology trends and strategies for identifying Cloud solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with client executives, and effectively sell follow on Advisory engagements.
- Collaborate with Avanade solution areas to shape cloud architectures for existing and proposed technologies.
- Conduct detailed risk analysis and maturity assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Drive the sales process while collaborating with team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- Develop and maintain go to market strategies around Cloud adoption and optimisation and supporting solution area migration services.
- 8+ years of experience in IT consulting positions from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets and teams, as well as proven sales experience.
- Experience in systems and infrastructure engineering and operations.
- Experience to architecture level with one or more hyperscale Cloud providers, including Azure, AWS and GCP, leveraging both IaaS and Cloud native services
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.