Senior Legal Counsel
Area of expertise:
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate a broad range of IT consulting and system integrator related service contracts and related documents.
- Assist various business stakeholders in clarifying and balancing risk and reward in relation to the service offerings and individual customer arrangements and mitigating risk to protect the company's assets and profitability.
- Guide business stakeholders on questions of contract performance.
- Prepare escalation for variances from contracting policy or unusual commercial and legal risks.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices.
- Develop internal trainings, guidelines, toolkits and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues.
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit the Avanade Legal Group and/or our business.
- Promote and implement initiatives introduced by the Avanade Legal Group.
- Manage and ensure that corporate governance requirements are met, up to date and in compliance with local laws.
- Support the global compliance strategy and the related global compliance programs implementation, also working with the global compliance team.
- Manage issues and disputes, minimize potential for litigation and foster protection of Avanade’s reputation.
- Provide legal education and training for our employees.
- Handle other duties as may be assigned on a case-by-case basis.
- Degree in law. Excellent academic credentials. Attorney qualifications.
- 6 to 10 years of experience as an attorney and with at least 2 years of experience working in a corporate legal department (experience in IT industry is a plus).
- Deep knowledge of, or ability to understand relevant laws (including contract, commercial, information technology, intellectual property, and data privacy laws) and also the business and work culture in a multinational company including those pertaining to compliance.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, ability to prioritize and make decisions.
- Well-refined business perspective.
- Ability to work within a hierarchy and corporate multinational matrix both live and virtually across time zones.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with some supervision and to escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines with short time frames and work under pressure. Highly responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Experience in structuring, negotiating, drafting and reviewing complicated technology consulting arrangements.
- Strategic, proactive thinker.
- Positive, inclusive and collaborative style.
- Superior communication skills, particularly with respect to active listening to and integrating information from various sources quickly and communicating legal advice in a practical form in a business context.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem and cloud computing are a plus.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of French (reading, writing and speaking) would be a plus.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.