Senior Data Science Consultant
Area of expertise:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you work with passion to solve complex business problems with machine learning and advanced statistical methods. You will be involved into development of real-life predictive solutions and algorithms as well as working with clients to resolve their advanced analytics requirements. As a consultant, you will also require business analyst skills, as you will be expected to analyze and scope client’s requirements to propose and design the solution.
In this role, you will have knowledge of machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical algorithms and solutions using R and Python. You will work with our clients to define the analytics solution architecture from a pragmatic standpoint and lead and coach the team to deliver the solution. You will prepare advanced data analyses and present results of these analyses to a business audience. Doing so, we engage with clients throughout the lifecycle of project on both advisory and delivery assignments. We build solutions for the largest companies in the Netherlands in various industries, which guarantees challenging work and variety.
On a typical project you work together in a team that usually consists of a SCRUM master, architect, and other data scientist consultants. Avanade is the perfect employer if you want to work at the highest level with Microsoft implementations and be part of an international team of experienced Microsoft professionals. Next to that, you will be able to take advantage of the experience and opportunities Accenture and Microsoft have to offer.
You make the difference because
- You have an advanced degree (MSc or PhD) in machine learning, computer science, physics, applied mathematics or statistics, including published scientific papers and/or scientific conference presentations
- You have experience in leading and coaching a team
- You have extensive commercial or academic experience of developing ML & AI solutions using R and Python with several years of experience using the Microsoft (Azure) stack
- You understand deep learning techniques and experience with deep learning environments (TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch, etc.) is highly desirable
- You have hands-on experience with the big data stack (Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Hive & Pig), SQL and NoSQL stores
- You have experience with distributed machine learning (Databricks, Spark MLlib, etc.)
- You have strong algorithmic and programming skills in Java, C/C++, C# or Scala
- You have developed capabilities with data modeling and complex big data analyses
- You are business facing with strong business analysis skills and a proven consultative approach
Why should you choose Avanade
- Your future colleagues help you with questions and challenges. Moreover, there is a pleasant, informal working atmosphere
- Knowledge development is central to us, and we guarantee this both by offering formal training opportunities and by means of informal evenings where peers share their knowledge among themselves
- With your passion, you can make a daily difference for our customers in the enterprise market with the help of the latest Microsoft technology
- We have a strong focus on the career and development opportunities. Every colleague will have a career advisor who works with you to create a plan and guides you through the many training opportunities we offer
- We offer the opportunity to be socially involved during working hours and to work for a good cause
- We have very attractive terms of employment, not unimportant to mention of course :-) Lease car, bonus scheme, telephone and laptop, good pension scheme, possibility to work part-time (min 32 hours) and many more extras
Do you feel the match?
Do you recognize yourself in this vacancy and would you like to meet us? Then apply immediately by submitting your CV via our website. It is not possible to apply by e-mail. If we also see the match, we will call you quickly for an introduction and you will have 2 job interviews. Do you have any questions, or do you want to know why we love working at Avanade? Then contact our recruiter Eline Rubertus.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.