Senior Data Engineering Consultant - Shanghai
Area of expertise:
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job
As a Senior Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
You’re got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Over 7 years of working experience in a data-driven role.
- Minimal 3 years experiences in B2C industry.
- Demonstrate ability to turn data into actionable insights and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Considerable experience in writing efficient SQL.
- Proficient in one or more of the following programming language: R, Python or Scala.
- Proficient in data visualization solution like tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Superset etc.
- Strong knowledge in data modelling especially dimensional modelling.
- Proficiency to work with data science library.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Strong interest in e-commerce and digital marketing.
- Strong knowledge in Google Analytics, Google Ads, facebook Ads etc (nice to have)
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and shift gears quickly.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.