Senior Consultant - Data Visualisation
Area of expertise:
As a Data Visualisation / Analytics Experience Consultant, you will design and develop human and/or machine experience using data and analytics tools and processes. Using emerging and established technologies, the Analytics Experience Consultant will consider and design for both human and machine interactions in response to insights discovered from data. Additionally, this the role will play a critical role in enabling data discovery of core issues, trends, expected and actual outcomes for humans and machines consuming the data.
In South Australia, Avanade’s new Adelaide Build Hub specializes in modern engineering, delivering engineering excellence to the region through Scrum-driven, cross-functional teams. We deliver rapid and frequent value to our clients through Agile practices and ways of working, and our team is growing – so Apply now!
This role is open to both Adelaide and Canberra.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Implement project plans around reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end-user information portals or resources.
- Contribute to teams providing technology-based data reporting tools and management for business segments or the company at large.
- Bring expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret, and produce recommendations based on company reporting and data needs.
- Advise business groups by providing opportunities.
- Generate ad-hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts.
- Execute project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives
- Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work and execution of prescribed work plans
- Complexity: Complex problems primarily within one's occupation/discipline that require personal judgement of contextual factors
- Travel as needed
Your skills and experience include:
- Proficient with visual data tools like Power BI, Qlik, or Tableau.
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets-Advanced proficiency with SQL for the generation and extraction of data for use in analytics and reporting.
- Interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple exploratory data analysis to statistical modeling
- Enduring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits
- Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients preferred but not essential.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.