Senior Consultant - Data Engineer - Microsoft Purview
Area of expertise:
As a Lead Data Engineer at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyze structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our clients achieve business outcomes and objectives. In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators, and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
• Analyses current business practices, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
• Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
• Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
• Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
• Design and Build Data Service APIs.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
• Expose data to end-users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps, or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
• Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
• Strong experience as an Azure Data Engineer and must have Azure Purview experience.
• Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
• Expert level understanding of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
• Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flow.
• The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
• Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python is a plus.
• Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
• Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…).
• Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data.
• Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
• Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
• Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
• Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
• Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
• Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Generous parental leave
• Corporate private health insurance discounts
• Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.