Senior Consultant - Data Engineer, API Development
Area of expertise:
In South Australia, Avanade’s new Adelaide Build Hub specializes in modern engineering, delivering engineering excellence to the region through Scrum-driven, cross-functional teams. We deliver rapid and frequent value to our clients through Agile practices and ways of working, and our team is growing – so Apply now!
This role is open to both Adelaide and Canberra.
As a Data Engineer at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyse structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our clients achieve business outcomes and objectives.
In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyse current business practice, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data and Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessment.
- Deliver architectures for transformations, modernization of enterprise data solutions using Azure Data Technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose Data to End Users using PowerBI, Azure API apps, or any other modern visualization platform.
- Travel as needed.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
You likely have about 5-7+ years of applied experience solutioning programs and system integration projects that include Modern Data Platform and Advanced Analytics, preferably in a business consulting (technology focus) environment or a combination
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flow.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL with the familiarity of U-SQL is required
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight +Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing Data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building pipelines using streams of IoT data.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
Benefits of being an Avanade Employee
- Additional 5 days personal Leave + Opportunity to purchase extra annual leave
- Wellbeing & Gadget Allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous parental leave
- Corporate private health insurance discounts
- Up to 80 hours of training per year
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.