Senior Consultant - Cyber Security Advisory/Strategy
Area of expertise:
Want to build customer value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our client partners and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Avanade is seeking a Senior Consultant to join its Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory practice. You will help lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising, and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
The Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory team provides strategic security advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive data and systems protection and security. We deliver our broad range of security advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the management team, within a highly matrixed organization, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives, including sales and revenue goals. You will regularly provide strategic advice to senior clients while providing technical, operational and people leadership of work efforts.
This role requires knowledge and experience in delivering and managing Information Security programs, including IT Security Strategy; IT Security Operations; Security Training and Awareness; IT General Controls Compliance and Audit Management; IT Forensics; Identity and Access Management; Cybersecurity; Data Privacy and IT Risk.
· Engage with clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class Cyber/ Security IT Strategy and industry guidance to maximize client’s long-term business objectives
· Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives
· Shape security architectures for existing and proposed technologies
· Partner with internal stakeholders and clients on security risk programs
· Assess information security risks on new and existing IT projects
· Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients
· Convert strategic direction into operational goals
· Direct client engagements to identify creative Security solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams to create Security strategy, assessment, vision & roadmap, and business case deliverables as well as deliver workshops and presentations
· Identify key client Security issues and determining client needs and supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches while leading technical teams in developing and supporting Clients’ IT Security Solutions
· Perform current-state Security assessments through stakeholder interviews and design workshops and support clients in Security transformations
· Travel as dictated by business needs, often 50% to 80% overnight travel throughout North America supporting Global Clients
· Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings
· Develop and maintain go to market strategies around Information Security, Data Privacy, IT Compliance, IT Risk and Data Governance
You will assist our clients in successfully defining their Cyber / Security and Technology Strategies, investments, and operating models to support their Security priorities. As a successful Manager you will:
· Assist in the delivery of a broad range of Security strategy and multiple Security engagements
· Possess strong understanding of Security trends and strategies for identifying Security solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
· Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
· Provide clients with up-to-date information on different threats and security vulnerabilities that organizations may face, to ensure there are solutions in place to mitigate those risks
· Identify, develop, and document Security issues, perform Security/Cyber Risk analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
· Actively develop and maintain client relationships
· Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development
· Drive the sales process while collaborating with team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics
· 3 – 6+ years’ experience in IT security related Management Consulting positions from a top management or IT professional services firm
o Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a technical related discipline
· You have experience in systems and infrastructure engineering with a focus on IT Security
· Certified candidates in related Security Certifications: CISSP, GIAC preferred
· Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholder’s goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations
· Previous management consulting experience working on multiple workstreams/engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, within a Security / Advisory practice
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
· Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.