Avanade is looking for an driven Senior Security Consultant. This is predominantly a delivery-focused role with the opportunity to support on pre-sales activities. We provide the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge business challenges across the business to employee, business to business, and business to customer spaces.
About the Role:
In a client-facing role, you will be engaged on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our client’s cybersecurity solutions and operations through the design and implementation of Microsoft technologies, with a focus on the Microsoft Azure and 365
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organisation by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as demonstrating your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself as a Leader in the Cybersecurity space. Avanade will broaden your solutioning and delivering experience with large and global cybersecurity opportunities, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity (SCI) ecosystem, which is already recognised as a world-leading integrated security platform, of which Identity is at the very centre.
You are a Senior Security Consultant interested in joining our rapidly growing security practice, your skills may include some of the following soft skills as well as the technical skills we require:
- Experienced with consulting and advisory discussions with Clients
- Knowledge and ability to design and implement technology solutions
- Proven ability to work with or lead medium to large projects teams and ensuring the delivery of the solution
- Dedicated to delivering high quality deliverables and properly channelling changes when needed
- Ability to conduct and lead conversations with Clients and with other large consulting firms
Important note: We are agnostic on the vendors you’ve worked with; we’re looking for your skills and capabilities in this area and a proven ability to learn new technology.
Ideally, you would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform, however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Exposure to proven experience in the design and implementation of Cloud Security Architecture Design and Defining Controls for Cloud Security
- Proven understanding of ISM Compliance, Essential Eight
- Understanding to proven experience of Microsoft Defender, Azure Security Posture AND Azure Sentinel SIEM.
- Understanding to proven experience designing Cyber Ark Privilege Access Management & implementing role-based Access controls
- Understanding to proven experience and understanding of vulnerability management using tools like Qualys, GFI etc.
- Understanding of and proven experience infrastructure components like Firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc), ExpressRoute, virtual networking, route tables etc.
- Understanding of and proven experience with Infra / Security as a Code using Azure DevOps /Terraform/Bicep/SOAR Playbooks, Workbooks and ARM templates.
Additionally, candidates should demonstrate knowledge, experience, and ideally hold certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Security Certification Series – SC-300, or MS-500/ AZ-500
Benefits We Offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s Global Alliance Partner of the Year (17 of the last 20 years!)
- Exceptional development and training with a minimum 80 hours/year of training and paid certifications
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave benefit - available for both parents regardless of gender and fully applicable to same-sex families – and can be taken in a range of flexible ways to suit each family’s
- MyDays - 5 days of leave each year - this benefit supports Avanade's commitment to promoting a healthy balance between work and home life and it can also be taken to honour employees cultural beliefs.
- Gadget and Wellbeing allowance paid annually
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/