Senior Azure Data Engineer
Area of expertise:
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
You design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
About the job:
As a Manager, Data Engineering, you use modern data engineering techniques and Advanced Analytics methods to give your clients the information they need. You collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from various sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight. You know how to read the patterns and trends that influence business outcomes.
- Give colleagues and clients the tools to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis
- Use your sound eye for business to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures to spot future opportunities
- Assess client needs to build bespoke data design services
- Build the building blocks for transforming enterprise data solutions
- Design and build modern data pipelines, data streams, and data service Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Craft the architectures, data warehouses and databases that support access and Advanced Analytics, and bring them to life through modern visualization tools
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring
- Be comfortable to make your own decisions and guide your colleagues
Your skills and experience likely include:
- Transforming business needs into technical solutions
Mapping data and analytics
- Data profiling, cataloguing and mapping to enable the design and build of technical data flows
- Use proven methods to solve business problems using Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams and system integration
- Knowledge of multiple Azure data applications including Azure Databricks
- Experience in preparing data for and building pipelines and architecture
You probably have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or machine learning – or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You’re likely to be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or Database Administrator already, and you have been in a similar professional position for around five to seven years.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.