Senior Analyst - Data Engineer
Area of expertise:
As a Senior Analyst - Data Engineer at Avanade, you will use modern data engineering techniques and Advanced Analytics methods to give your clients the information they need. You collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from multiple sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators, and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight. Your work gives people the tools they need to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments, as well as delivering data warehouse and storage architectures
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational databases for data storage and data mining
- Deliver data using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SRSS), Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot and Microsoft SharePoint Performance Point
- Customize data storage and extraction, data mining, database architecture, metadata and repository creation
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- You really know your way around database technology and data reporting tools. And you also understand the point of it all—to produce solid insights to drive business decisions. You have an analytical mind on top of excellent technical skills.
Your skills and experience include:
- Knowledge of database storage, collection, and aggregation models, techniques and technologies and the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems
- Knowledge of structured problem-solving assignments
- Excellent project management and people management
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRSS, Excel (with embedded Pivot Tables and macros)
- Some SQLs experience.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.