Security Domain Lead, Cloud & Infrastructure Cybersecurity
Area of expertise:
Do you thrive on identifying and recommending the best security solutions in the industry? So, do we!
For the past few years, Avanade has quietly been earning accolades as one of the world’s leading Microsoft security services companies.
Our focus on security has never been greater. Security is no longer a ‘nice-to-have.’ Our clients expect us to help them with their potential security concerns. The resulting growth of our Global Security Practice is directly tied to the increasing demand for security to be integrated in our deal pursuits.
Avanade brings industry and domain expertise to pragmatically assess, recommend, deploy, and manage the most appropriate security propositions (solutions) to help our clients become cyber-compliant and cyber-resilient on the Microsoft ecosystem.
We are seeking a Domain Security Lead for a portfolio of Cloud and Infrastructure Security solutions.
About the role
As a Security Domain Lead within our Northeast Security business, you will be responsible for partnering across a highly matrixed organization to solution and lead large scale, complex projects for enterprise clients. You will build, implement, drive, and execute strategies that result in business growth and increase our client successes by delivering innovative security solutions leveraging the Microsoft portfolio of Strategy & Risk, and Compliance solutions.
He/she will collaborate with Direct sales teams throughout the entire sales life cycle to ensure positive outcomes that drive innovation across our client’s organizations.
He/she will advise clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. He/she must possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. He/she will need to be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows them to assume a critical role in the Northeast Security Practice with an ability to scale over time.
The successful candidate will be a strong technologist with a practical mind and creativity.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· He/she will identify opportunities to grow our market presence. There will be a split across of work on delivering presales and delivery components (mainly until architecting & onboarding cloud security controls)
- He/she will develop strong and positive relationships with client executives.
· Set Azure architectural standards and best practices for our cloud environments
· Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure security-based solutions
· Coordinate with the client and key stakeholders to gather requirements and design the solutions to support those requirements.
- He/she will engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide outstanding cybersecurity strategy and industry guidance to improve the client’s long-term business objectives.
- He/she will lead and support the delivery of a broad range of security engagements.
- He/she will possess deep understanding of security trends and strategies for identifying security solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- He/she will enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought-leadership development.
- You likely have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university, and/or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of cloud security experience across multi cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) in defining cloud security strategy and architecture for monitoring entire cloud security principles.
- Extensive experience selling large Information Security programs.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive-level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with complex, large-scale consulting projects.
- Strong experience in implementing Azure native services across Iaas, PaaS and/or SaaS Solutions.
- Experience in Identity & Access domain controls, data security, Encryption methods.
- Experience of understanding and implementing Zero Trust framework on Azure platform.
- Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
- Strong foundation across Microsoft Azure technology stack and Azure security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts
- Standardizing Azure Security best practices, processes, and procedures
- Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions
- Experience in integrating the whole MSFT cloud stack of tools to Azure Sentinel/Azure Security Center.
- Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack including (at a minimum) PaaS, IaaS, Storage, SQL, NSGs, Redis, VNETs, Availability Zones, Azure Traffic Manager and Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience with networking concepts including subnetting, routing, routing protocols, firewalls, and traffic managers (both local and global)
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to rapidly understand client’s business strategies and possess the capability to apply creative problem-solving skills to deliver high impact solutions to meet their business needs.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively.
- Client-oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a virtual organization and expertise mentoring security team.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry leaders’ security solutions.
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with global teams and/or offshore teams to facilitate project work.
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries.
- Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.