Security Advisory, Manager
Area of expertise:
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
Avanade is seeking a Manager to expand its IT Security Advisory capabilities. You will manage engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
IT Security Advisory provides strategic security advice and uses technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive data and systems protection and security. We deliver our broad range of security advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with the management team, within a highly matrixed organisation, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives, including sales and revenue goals. You will regularly provide strategic advice to senior clients while providing technical, operational and people leadership of work efforts.
This role requires a deep knowledge and experience in delivering and managing IT security programs, including IT Security Strategy; IT Security Operations; Security Training and Awareness; IT General Controls Compliance and Audit Management; IT Forensics; Identity and Access Management; Cybersecurity; Data Privacy and IT Risk.
In this role, you will
Assist our clients in successfully defining their cyber / security and technology strategies, investments and operating models to support their security priorities.
- Engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide outstanding cyber/ security IT strategy and industry guidance to improve client’s long-term business objectives.
- Manage the delivery of a wide variety of security strategy and multiple security engagements.
- Possess deep understanding of security trends and strategies for identifying security solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with client executives, effectively sell follow on Security Advisory engagements.
- Shape security architectures for existing and proposed technologies.
- Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Provide clients with up-to-date information on different threats and security vulnerabilities that organisations may face, to ensure there are solutions in place to mitigate those risks.
- Identify, develop and document security issues, perform security/cyber risk analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Drive the sales process while collaborating with team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- Develop and maintain go to market strategies around information security, data privacy, IT compliance, IT risk and data governance.
- 6+ years of experience in IT security related management consulting positions (Cyber Security Manager, IT Security Manager, Security Auditor, Security Analysts) from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets and teams, as well as proven sales experience.
- Experience in systems and infrastructure engineering with a focus on IT security.
- Experience in security aspects and implications of one or more public hyperscale Cloud providers, including Azure, AWS and GCP, and Microsoft 365
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.