SOC / Security Operations Engineer
Area of expertise:
About the job
The Cyber Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all information and data on computer systems and network devices is protected and all networks and computer systems are adequately secure to prevent unauthorized access; investigates security alerts and recommend corrective actions to resolve and/or prevent reoccurrences; responsible for promoting information security awareness.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain host and endpoint security solutions with guidance from Architecture, Compliance, Information Security, and other teams
- Provide support to Security Operations teams to solve correct technical challenges related to implementation of security solutions
- Assists in the investigation and documentation of security incidents
- Assists in identifying security risks by participating in security reviews, evaluations, and risk assessments.
- Works closely with the IT Security and Compliance team toward the implementation and maintenance of all data security-related infrastructure and policy.
- Assist in analyzing and defining security requirements
- Assist with evaluation and pilot deployment of new host and endpoint security protection technologies
- Collaborate with internal security architect to support the design of security solutions
- Develop effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem and security tools
- Strong knowledge of SIEM
- Experience with web filtering
- Able to advise business and technology on security best practice
- Proficient in developing requirements definition, functional specifications, test scenarios/scripts, data models and business procedures
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in non-technical language
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize/manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually as well as closely with team or line of business personnel
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative and commitment for results
- 3+ years of information security experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- SANS and CISSP accreditations highly desirable
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.