Resource Planning Specialist - Australian Citizen Required
Area of expertise:
A great permanent opportunity has become available for a driven individual to be Avanade's first Canberra based Resourcing Planning Specialist. Canberra is one of the fastest growing regions for Avanade globally. You will have the opportunity to own and build the engagement and relationship with our senior business leaders in the region.
As a Resource Planning Specialist, you will coordinate processes and programs related to alignment and optimization of resources readiness and allocation at the project and organizational level.
You will analyze and manage resource supply and demand factors to align and optimize resource readiness and allocation at the projects. Overall, you will work closely with upper management to provide advanced execution and operational coordination of tasks and processes.
Day to day you will:
- Drive chargeability, recovery and operational excellence through management of the scheduling function and oversight and integration of the internal operations functions
- Support effective management and deployment of bench resources to assess readiness and optimize chargeability
- Provide analysis and forecasting of resource supply and demand to support project and workforce planning
- Analyze productivity and chargeability of consulting resources and maintains updated resource-related information in all applicable systems to enable accurate and timely reporting
- Support smooth transitions of project resources between the project and the bench, including Day 1 project onboarding and readiness
- Partner with local leadership and recruiting to define and fulfil talent needs within assigned group-
- Oversee the work of more junior colleagues
Key Skills and Capabilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor team members when necessary
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Ability to coordinate across different workstreams to finish project
- Ability to solve complex problems with own judgment
You hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and have 4-6 years of experience in operational support in HR or consulting.
You are a team player, thrive on being challenged and are comfortable working in a complex and evolving environment.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.