Regional Sales Leader, UK
Area of expertise:
UKI Regional Sales Leader
At Avanade, we have a bold ambition to be the world’s leading digital innovator, making a genuine human impact for our clients, our people and our communities. We combine entrepreneurial thinking with the strength and reach of our Microsoft and Accenture heritage, and we harness the power of our diverse backgrounds to create a community of exceptional talent. If you’re ready to join 50,000+ professionals in 26 countries who are passionate, collaborative and agile, Avanade is the right place for you. Because we believe that our capacity to learn is limitless and the future is ours to create. Together we go beyond. www.avanade.com/career
The UKI region is a very important part of Avanade’s European business with annual growth rates of in excess of 40% for sales and 20% for revenues with favourable market conditions with a high presence in both the private sector as well as in the public sector. As a market leader our ambition is to expand our presence in all sectors, in particular in the Financial sector, Resources, Products and the Public sector.
This role is a member of the UKI Leadership team and European Sales Leadership team.
This position leads our overall sales organization and targets, including the sales teams and sellers for UKI, with owning the local relationship with the regional Accenture Microsoft Business group Sales Lead and the regional Microsoft executives. The successful candidate will have the influence and scope to ensure that Avanade is ideally positioned for successful growth over the long term.
This role will provide expert guidance, support and oversight to the regional sales activities and work towards a high level of consistency in the design, execution and efficiency of sales. The role requires a thought leader with a growth mindset, able to transform and develop the existing sales capabilities, positioning Avanade UKI as an innovator for customers and the ability to develop and grow long term, high value customer relationships at Executive level.
This role requires a track record in developing and growing high performance sales teams in UK and Ireland markets whilst working as part of a wider team; demonstrating and role modelling team player behaviours.
A strategic outlook will assist the ideal profile in the navigation of a “new normal”, both for Avanade UKI and its client and partner ecosystem. A strong orientation towards execution will also be required; to lead Sales will be involved with key customers and big deals as Executive Sponsor or Deal strategist. A combination of hands-on strategic deal and client relationship experience, together with gravitas and impact, will drive continuous value for the organization's top clients. This individual will be entrepreneurial and results oriented and will contribute to the overall business.
The UKI Regional Sales Lead creates a high performance culture around the immediate sales team and the wider sales community. The vision to be creative is essential although best practice around core activity is also a given, with a focus on regional planning, pipeline development, complex channel management, strategic & big deals shaping, bid management and on-going sales effectiveness program implementation, as well as evolving and running the various sales reporting cadences
Balanced Scorecard Metrics for Sales:
- UKI overall Sales & Revenue & Profit targets
- Specific Solution Area / Industry focused sales targets
- Diversity & Inclusion goals
- Employee engagement and Retention
- Market share and market growth
- Seller performance and productivity
- Setting Strategy & Developing a Plan
- Create and articulate an inspiring vision for your areas of responsibility.
- Developing business growth plans including annual growth plans and sales target/quota plans
- Set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance
- Supporting account management and planning best practices
- People development plan and career path for the sales team
Executing for Results:
- A balanced risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended consequences rom decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in your approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always considering what is best for the organization.
- A leader who is comfortable operating as a player/coach – driving personally a set of specific deals but also acting as a coach and mentor to pursuit teams across the region.
- A leader who understands what it means to build and execute on sales capability programs needed today, while also knowing how to position these programs as the building blocks for the capabilities needed tomorrow.
- The role requires a collaborative negotiating style capable of effecting change and driving results and experience working in a matrixed and fast paced, growing organization
- Leading Teams
- The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance
- Managing and coaching teams.
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.
- Lead and drive the sales community and act as the functional lead for sales professionals.
- Understanding of working across cultures and driving and influencing for results in a matrix organization is important.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in working at CxO level on selling and influencing large-scale systems integration, consulting or outsourcing decisions. We are searching for a passionate, professional and impactful sales leader with technology; solutions and Industries depth, accustomed to working in a complex environment with large partners such as Microsoft and Accenture.
In particular, the preferred profile will have leadership experience, be outcome based and value driven. This will include developing the right team, achieving the envisioned cultural evolution, and bringing the transformational sponsorship needed to embed new ways of delivering value to clients across a complex landscape.
- Executive level experience in growing large scale, profitable technology services business
- CxO impact and the ability to develop and grow long term, high value customer relationships
- Personal track record in selling and closing large complex deals
- Sales Leadership of senior sales professionals
- Sales coaching; can support sellers and deals and mentor to pursuit teams
- Experience in complex channel and partner management.
- Deep Knowledge on the different Industries: H&PS; Telco & Media; Financial & Insurance; Products and Resources.
- Visibility as an influencer on business relevant social media and in the regional business press.
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale complex services/consulting engagements.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of integrity, credibility, resilience and character.
- Experience in an international working environment
- Ready to embrace and innovate in the “new normal”
- Extensive experience with the UKI market and in managing teams across multiple locations
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges
- Passion for Technology, Innovation through Technology
- Relentless commitment to higher standards
- Self-reflective, with an attitude of continuous improvement and seeking input
- Inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing innovative ideas to stretch the organization
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates the success of the team.
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Proven industry experience in Sales such as Solutions Sales or Management Consulting background.
The role will work closely with:
- Europe Sales Lead & UKI General Manager
- UKI Leadership Team, UKI Sales Team & UKI Solution Areas Team
- Europe Leadership Team
- Global & European Solution Areas team and /or Industry teams
- Client / Project teams
- Alliance teams & counterparts in Accenture and Microsoft
- Global Solution Areas & Area Solution Area teams
- Sales Operations, Talent Acquisition, Marketing teams and Total Rewards
- Regional and Area Marketing teams
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.