Regional Offering Lead - Modern Application Transformation
Area of expertise:
About the role:
Solution Areas are what we want to be known for in the market; they are the areas on which our clients most frequently seek our guidance during their digital transformation journey. Within our Solution Areas, we have core Offerings, which are the solutions we deliver to our clients. By specializing in and formalizing these select Offerings, we can deepen our relationships with our clients across their entire business and compete in new areas, helping us to grow our market share.
As a Director, Region Offering Lead – Modern Application Transformation, you’ll be part of our Applications and Infrastructure Solution Area. It is the largest offering within the largest and even further growing Solution Area in the Australian business. You will be responsible for the overall strategy, performance and growth of the Modern Application Transformation Offering in your assigned geography. You’ll partner closely with both the Regional and the APAC Solution Area Lead to implement a strategy for offering identification and investments. In the role, you’ll focus on driving the offering every day; serving as the “face” of the offering internally and externally in your Region, support offering sales through delivery, including capability and capacity, and regional relationships with offering alliance partners, Microsoft and Accenture. We help our clients accelerate their business outcomes and digital transformations through building better software that takes full advantage of Microsoft Azure and modern, design-led agile development approaches utilizing the latest mobile, web, cloud-native architectures and open-source technologies.
In this role, you will manage a full spectrum: discovering, solutioning, proposing, realizing and overseeing effective delivery of new client opportunities. You will partner with Talent Community Lead and Regional Capability Lead on resourcing and skill needs to maintain effective business operations and project outcomes, leveraging the Advanced Technology Centers (ATCs) as needed, to prepare our organization for market changes.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Collaborate with and educate account and sales team to drive offerings to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval.
- Architect and lead solutioning of client application transformations including modernization and cloud-native architectures within the Microsoft ecosystem
- Develop strong, effective relationships with Accenture and Microsoft at the offering level
- Effectively position offering and cross-offering offerings within the Regional sales channel
- Monitor, mentor, and lead Modern Application Transformation Architects
- Manage budget against assigned Area/Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
- Partner with the global Center of Excellence (CoE) on offering and asset development
You revel in success, with a leadership track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- A background in engineering applications using technologies from the Microsoft Ecosystem (Azure, .NET, etc)
- Thought leader and experienced in modern application development practices and able to architect solutions including but not limited to modern engineering and devops practices
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects.
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). You likely have about 7 years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management, and more than 5 years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.