Regional Innovation Lead, West
Area of expertise:
Do you wake up every day inspired to innovate? So do we.
You are passionate about the constant cycle for innovation, especially its ability to disrupt business and industry around the world. We’ll recognize your drive and give you the freedom to generate and execute on new ideas, then tell the story.
You’re a creative business thinker and an inspiring storyteller. Although your ideas tend to be a couple steps ahead of others, you enjoy influencing and negotiating to bring others along the journey with you. And after you introduce current and prospective clients to Avanade’s capabilities as an innovator and implementer, you leverage those successes and relationships to cement our reputation as their trusted innovation partner and industry advisor.
About the Role:
As the Regional Innovation Lead, you bring our global innovation architecture to life as a priority for our business and our clients within the West Region. Internally, you’ll advise leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of innovative ideas. You will also represent innovation for our sales teams and enable their pursuits of exciting opportunities. Externally, you’ll sell the story of our past achievements, present focus and future potential in delivering results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Day-to-Day, You Will:
- Introduce our sellers and solution area teams to new ideas and ways of thinking, informed by the newest trends and technologies across industries
- Accelerate innovation-led conversations and sales with our clients, including innovation and design thinking workshops and other client experiences to demonstrate our capabilities and offerings
- Serve as the ‘voice of innovation’ within your region, developing thought leadership around our approach to innovation for our business and for our clients
- Curate and own the innovation demonstrations and client experiences within our Digital Innovation Studios
- Engage with the Accenture Innovation Services team across the region and utilize the physical space for engaging client interactions
- Collaborate with and educate account and sales team to present innovation to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval
- Drive internal innovation efforts, including regional innovation summits, Makeathons, Hackathons, Innovation Contest participation and development of thought leadership points of view
- Develop strong relationships with the Microsoft Technology Centers and brand new Experience Center by helping to be the glue that connects our client co-innovation network together
- Build relationships with the Microsoft teams that engage and utilize the space in the EBC
- Identify innovative and effective ways to utilize Microsoft funding for SMC accounts
- Collaborate with Microsoft technical teams to bring the newest demonstrations to the region
- Build a stronger presence in the Experience Center by expanding and improving our Showcase offerings
- Liaison to the global innovation team to ensure we have a complete picture of marketplace trends, client, and ecosystem opportunities
- Travel as requested by the business
You are an experienced technology professional, and innovation thought leader with desire to change business outcomes through technology. You’re adept at partnering across a matrixed organization and an ecosystem of partners to bring together the best solutions. You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- A deep understanding of design led thinking principles and techniques
- An understanding of how to gather a disparate set of individuals and direct them towards a common purpose, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Strong consulting and project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Polished persuasive writing and public speaking skills to help you advance an idea or key messages
- Demonstrated relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery, and business management
- Proven demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.