Regional Innovation Lead -Canada
Area of expertise:
Do you wake up every day inspired to innovate? So do we.
You are passionate about the constant cycle for innovation, especially its ability to disrupt business and industry around the world. We’ll recognize your drive and give you the freedom to generate and execute on new ideas, then tell the story.
You’re a creative business thinker and an inspiring storyteller. Although your ideas tend to be a couple steps ahead of others, you enjoy influencing and negotiating to bring others along the journey with you. And after you introduce current and prospective clients to Avanade’s capabilities as an innovator and implementer, you leverage those successes and relationships to cement our reputation as their trusted innovation partner.
About the job
As a Regional Innovation Lead, you bring our global innovation architecture to life as a priority for our business and our clients within an assigned geography. Internally, you’ll advise leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of innovative ideas. Externally, you’ll sell the story our past achievements, present focus and future potential in delivering results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
Day-to-day, you will:
- innovation and design thinking workshops and other client experiences to demonstrate our capabilities and offerings
- Build the connective tissue between innovation and industry
- thought leadership around our approach to innovation for our business and for our clients
- Should your Region have one, you curate and own the innovation demonstrations and client experiences within one of our Digital Innovation Studios
- deal pursuit, review and approval
- Develop strong relationships with the Microsoft Technology Centers and Accenture Liquid Studios helping to be the glue that connects our client co-innovation network together
- Liaison to the global innovation team to ensure we have a complete picture of marketplace trends, client, and ecosystem opportunities
- Travel as dictated by business.
You are an experienced technology professional, and innovation thought leader with desire to change business outcomes through technology. You’re adept at partnering across a matrixed organization and an ecosystem of partners to bring together the best solutions. You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related). In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Experience (or conversant) in Fintech and government sector trends, opportunities, imperatives
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Strong consulting and project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Polished persuasive writing and public speaking skills to help you advance an idea or key messages
- About 7 years of relevant technology business leadership experience, including solution sales, creation, delivery and business management
- More than 5 years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.