Regional Advisory Leader, Midwest
Area of expertise:
About the Role
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our partner clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
As a leader in Avanade’s Advisory Services, you will drive business consulting services as an on ramp to large scale technology implementations and transformations. Our Advisory services teams work with our clients at the C-suite level to clearly define vision and strategy and create strong roadmaps for implementation.
Avanade is seeking a Midwestern US Regional Advisory Lead who will report to the North America Head of Avanade Advisory. The successful candidate will be responsible for scaling Avanade’s Advisory business in their respective territory, and will ideally be based in Chicago or Minneapolis. This is a leadership position to drive the growth of Avanade’s Advisory business in a key region, which is a priority for the company.
The successful candidate will be proven in driving rapid growth within both an IT Strategy and Digital Advisory (design thinking, digital-enabled business strategy, modern approach to client strategy and requirements) consulting business. S/he must have a demonstrated understanding of:
- Design thinking
- AI / ML (business relevant)
- CX / EX (business relevant)
- Product / service envisioning
- Agile enterprise
- (Modern) Enterprise Architecture
This consulting Leader will have a distinctive track record of both selling and delivering bespoke advisory services within a large scale, complex and relationship-driven environment. S/he will possess a high degree of fluency with Microsoft, having sold and delivered custom tailored consulting solutions tied to this platform.
As a ‘market maker’ with relevance to key industries and clients in the region, the successful candidate will be adept at both selling projects to existing clients as well as building new client relationships. S/he must bring the ability to frame client business objectives in the office of the CIO/CDO/CTO for mid-market enterprises ($500M to $5B in revenue) and be able to develop an approach/roadmap to address these through Avanade’s Advisory Services. This executive will be expected to personally generate $5M+ in annual business consulting bookings (distinguished from team sales). S/he must be able to leverage Avanade's typically technology-oriented business development team to collaborate on origination (a ‘do it yourself’ approach to selling will not work).
The successful candidate will be an accomplished leader with:
- 15+ years’ overall experience as an outcome-oriented consulting leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who can balance practice leadership with role modeling high impact client work
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic plan to drive growth in the region
- Management consulting experience – can sell and deliver
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Advisory to develop flow through business
- Depth of knowledge in 1-3+ industries relevant to the West region
- Technical background, or 10+ years selling/delivering consulting services in the context of a larger SI environment
- Microsoft fluency (understands 3-cloud strategy, platforms, how to partner with MSFT, can tell a Cloud-Enabled Enterprise / Intelligent Cloud story); and
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Sets a compelling direction for the business and innovative strategies to address customer needs.
- Communicates the vision and anticipates market changes.
- Contributes to broader business issues.
- Understands the levers of a services business and can drive growth at a profitable level.
- Able to balance the competing pressures of growing a services business.
- Builds strong commercial propositions.
Executing for Results
- Possesses an extensive and distinctive track record of delivering growth.
- Sets and achieves ambitious targets.
- Translates the mission of the organization into actionable, quantitative plans.
- Self-starter who can excel in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Truly a ‘player/coach’ – capable of Practice Building (hiring, mentorship, capability development), managing complex delivery teams, and sales/account management teams.
- Forges strong diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents, champion for diversity and inclusion.
- Hands-on leader who holds people accountable for results, can roll up his/her sleeves, and makes difficult talent decisions.
- Engages and mentors team members in the field, from sales through delivery.
- Sizes up and leverages the strengths, weaknesses, and styles of key players.
- Ability to attract top talent to help build and grow the team. A track record of leading and developing high-performing, content rich teams is critical.
- Leads from the front, demonstrating strong client engagement from sales through delivery.
- Leadership evident to clients, peers, teams, and partners.
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the organization.
- Has a strong network of external relationships at high levels.
- Uses relationship networks strategically to accomplish objectives.
- Assertive and persuasive in his/her approach to aligning stakeholders around common goals and objectives.
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.