Regional Security Lead – Midwest
Area of expertise:
Region Security Lead – Midwest
About the role
The Regional Security Lead (RSL) is responsible for leading the solutioning and sales of Avanade’s global security practice offerings within Avanade’s US Midwest region. In addition to driving the growth of professional managed security services sales and billings, you will lead the team of cybersecurity professionals within the region. You will work with our clients, partners, and our global security practice resources to create security solutions that are implemented within a client’s security framework encompassing the Microsoft product and services suite. The RSL is both a business leadership and client leadership role that leads the security practice and provides security thought leadership to our largest and most strategic clients in the region.
The RSL will be relied upon as an engaging leader for region’s cybersecurity business. In addition to being an engaging leader, the RSL is passionate about developing a strong go-to-market strategy, factoring in existing offerings as well as leading the development of regional-specific security offerings. Candidates should have experience working in a highly matrixed, multi-organization landscape, building and developing strong relationships with multiple, internal.
The RSL plays an active role in selling and delivering transformative security engagements for our clients within their Microsoft platforms, leading the teams responsible for designing and implementing Microsoft Security technologies including Sentinel, IAM, Active Directory, and Data security.
The RSL reports to regional business leadership, with a thick dotted line to Avanade’s North America Cybersecurity Practice lead.
Day-to-day, the RSL will:
- Closely work with the Avanade sales and Accenture account teams on individual opportunities to shape our security strategy and price-to-win planning
· Manage, grow and mature pre-sales and delivery teams towards industry solutions and achieve deep integration with the Avanade solution areas, where pre-sales teams will drive the go-to-market strategy for the security offerings.
· Be deeply aligned with Accenture Security leadership and Accenture Microsoft Business Groups (AMBG) security opportunities across all industry verticals.
· Strive to become Microsoft's #1 security partner in region.
· Develop plans and drive adoption of strategic partners across pre-sales and delivery.
· Evolve the culture within Security to bring the best of Avanade to security opportunities, increasing deal sizes and driving security without talent community borders!
· Take accountability for monitoring and tracking offering revenue, working across solution areas and leverage delegation within pre-sales/regional security leadership team.
· Support and embed security advisory
· Working closely with the Regional Talent Community Lead (RTCL) and Regional Capability Lead - mature the regional operating model and increase skill breadth and maturity within the Security Talent Community (STC) and other Talent Communities (TCs).
· Working closely with the RTCL, monitor retention and improve retention by providing inspirational leadership and providing exciting opportunities for the community to grow and develop.
· Keep pace with the changes and monitor the market to identify opportunities to get ahead of the curve, either with new Microsoft technology or new partner solutions.
· Monitor the market and the competition, keeping an eye towards potential acquisition targets.
· Be the agent of cultural change within the region at the leadership level and sales level to improve security mind share
· Support with large and complex solution and proposition development to drive sales success.
The ideal candidate must have strong foundation across Microsoft Azure & Security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to key stakeholders along with experience with the following:
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Securing network and enterprise cloud applications
- Privileged access management technologies
- Security frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 or NIST 800-53
- Creating security framework, SIRRP process and/or forensic handling methods
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections, PKI
· Pre-Sales Solution Architecture experience for both on-premises and cloud-based environments
· Broad experience across Microsoft Security and underlying Microsoft platform services.
· Demonstrated understanding and demonstrable strategies in how to grow Microsoft security business.
· Market understanding of industry trends for cybersecurity, risk & threat intelligence, and governance
· Proven past implementations of large and complex Microsoft Security projects.
· Program management skills and solution support for security transformation/implementation programs
· Strong people development and leadership experience.
· Relative Microsoft and Industry Security Qualifications is desirable
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP Exam 98-368, or other relevant certifications (preferred)
The candidate must be willing to travel to our client locations as needed.
To supplement the technical knowledge and project delivery experience, the successful candidate will come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to gather customer requirements and produce high quality written deliverables. As a consultant, you must be willing to travel to our client locations as needed.
You likely have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Share this job:
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help make a genuine human impact on our clients, their customers and their employees. We are the power behind the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, helping companies to engage customers, empower employees, optimize operations and transform products, leveraging the Microsoft platform. Avanade has 50,000 professionals in 26 countries, bringing clients our best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.