Area of expertise:
About the role
As a Quality Engineer, you will participate in all stages of the software development life cycle including reviewing business and technical documentation, impact analysis, writing manual test cases, test automation, backlog management, outcome presentation, and product support. In addition, you’ll design testing requirements and verify test plans, cases, and scripts with an emphasis and focus on usability and workflows. From there, you will analyze failed tests and manage defects accordingly.
Day-to-day, you will:
· Create and update documentation relating to the quality assurance processes and procedures using tools such as Confluence, Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevOps (ADO)
· Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phases with customers, including local and remote test run
· Use of relational and Non-relational Structured Query Language (NoSQL) database-queries for test data preparation or data migration
· Optimize testing scenario combinations for maximum automated test coverage
· Working with legacy scripts
· Maintain the test suites in current projects with new or modified features, tracking script versions in Git source control systems and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
· Design, create and maintain web services tests in Postman, SOATest, SoapUI, or similar tool
· Design, create and maintain UI tests using Selenium, JMeter and Protractor
· Be proactive and propose process improvements, testing solutions and tools
· Manage pipelines to run automated regression tests in CI/CD approach using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Azure DevOps (ADO), Jenkins or similar tools
· Do code reviews
Your technical and business skillset likely includes:
· Developing automated integration and smoke tests using modern tools including Selenium, protractor, SoapUI, Postman (web front-end and web services)
· The use of relational and NoSQL database queries and scripting to validate backend functionalities prepare and migrate test data
· Experience using TFS and GIT source control systems; and test management tools including Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Zephyr or AzureDevOps (ADO)
· Client-facing responsibilities
· Current Automation Testing skillset is required
You likely have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years (post-degree, progressive) experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
Share this job:
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.